• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NVFAC on with John Ralston.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Ralston's pointed language shows that he is another anti-gun ****.

mbogo

Don was scaring me with some of his stances, He believes in banning autos? and wants gun laws that work? Define work and do they need to work for the Government, or the people. (They rarely do both) Don also Mentioned a escalation in violence, that counters the most recent FBI study which has shown a steady decline in violent crime, It would have been nice to point that the Decline in violent crime is companioned with a rise in gun ownership! In Don's defense he was facing a "Duo of densness" and these interviews are hard, they come fast, twist and turn, and are over before you get your arguments straight. I would have liked to see a Sharper edge, than the "compromise" talk I witnessed.

The Big Guy

It was a milk-toast interview. Not the heated exchange you would expect. From the point of view of the average sheep, I would call it a toss up. I don't think it stirred the blood of anyone.

TBG

Vegassteve

Don was scaring me with some of his stances, He believes in banning autos? and wants gun laws that work?

I have not watched it yet. Dont know if I will as I dont need another reason to question the group.

BUT are you talking about full auto guns? And what did he say about gun laws that work? Examples?

Vegassteve

I have not watched it yet. Dont know if I will as I dont need another reason to question the group.

BUT are you talking about full auto guns? And what did he say about gun laws that work? Examples?

Answered my own question. Just went through it. I give him a F. He went to the bob irwin school of press talk.

Merlin

Watching now...

Don successfully responded to the term "Assault Weapon", and didn't let it slide that she referred to a semiauto rifle as an assault weapon.

He successfully addressed the reason for the 2a is not about hunting, it is about defending against tyranny. I respect the fact that he didn't shy away from this, as so many supposed 2a supporters do.

She says "You shouldn't be able to go into a theater and gun people down". Umm, that is already illegal ma'm. It's called murder. Would you feel better if he did it with a chainsaw (and doorstops)?

"No cop with a single weapon is gonna stop that". I call bull$hit.

I am disappointed that Don kept trying to blame movies and video games. That is a cop-out.

"Despite concerns from 2nd amendment advocates, the president has not signed a single piece of gun control legislation in his term..". Of course not, it would have to pass the republican house first. Checks and balances +1, gun control agenda 0. But...re-elect him, and swing the power in the house to democrat control, and lookout. I think Harry Rieds senior position is significant on this one topic. He knows that if he were to allow a gun control measure to pass, he wouldn't be able to come home.

"Does your (gun control) group think that it will ever get any laws passed here (in NV)?" Erin Neff: "No." Good, at least we are on the same page there. :)

Ok, just finished. I think Don did just fine, given the time constraints. He cited good examples, and landed several of the key points.

I would prefer that he leave the movies and video games alone, they are not to blame for this. Do modern video games train you to be a better handler of firearms? Sure. But in a good way. If there is anything that first person shooters teach you, it's to clear corners, be aware of your surroundings, and know how much ammo you have. These principles can be applied for good or evil, just like anything else.

I was pleased to see Neff knowing that she has an uphill battle in NV. The fact that she accepted CCW as a valid form of firearms possession is interesting, but I suspect that her underlying agenda would be to take away all of the guns that could be CC'd to begin with.

I think Ralston was largely fair on this one. He played Devils advocate to both sides, and that is what I expect him to do. I went into it expecting to be outraged, and ultimately, I am not. Was it perfect, no, but I would say that the 2a came out on top.