• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NY Gun Ban Details

BobDobbs

Was there an arrest for violation of possession of 30rnd magazines already? I didn't think the law was in effect until April.

I doubt there ever will be. Since no magazine i have ever seen has been date stamped. The law says anything made pre 94..best of luck to them with that one. Makes me wonder what might happen if i took a 150rnd drum to the range with 7 bullets in it.

motoxmann

Was there an arrest for violation of possession of 30rnd magazines already? I didn't think the law was in effect until April.

yes, yes there was. the new 7round law doesnt take effect til april. but NY still has had a 10rd law for several years. pre-1994 mags were exempt, so technically they are still legal in NY until april. technically. but there's no way to prove if a mag was made before 1994 or after 1994 unless it has a date stamp on it, which most don't. and the new law is so poorly written that an actual effective date is written in as several different dates, as well as one part that says effective immediately upon approval.

I doubt there ever will be. Since no magazine i have ever seen has been date stamped. The law says anything made pre 94..best of luck to them with that one. Makes me wonder what might happen if i took a 150rnd drum to the range with 7 bullets in it.

well, your intuition was wrong lol. see above, and both of you see the below link:

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-ne...onies-for-possession-of-ar-magazines_01312013

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I'm trying to figure out how to set up a charity for NY State gun owners, so that they can store all their now-banned items in safe storage, to be held there until the laws change so they can get them back, or they relocate to some part of Free America where their firearms are still welcome.

I have family in England with a similar problem. They have gun clubs in other parts of the EU and keep the weapons there.

davidmcbeth

Banned
depends on how old it is. They clearly said in the video i've linked a couple threads in this forum. anything older than 50 years is exempt.

I thought it also said that the 50 yr old mag must have a 50 yr old gun associated with it ... do you have a 50 yr old mag & gun that uses it?

Of course, all these laws are unconstitutional .....

Last edited:

Mack Patterson

NYS safe act

The hole law is bs do to firearms manufacturers are coming out with AR 15 WASP 10 ect to go around the law but the action of the firearms are the same. 50 year magazines a sks M1 mosier mosin nagant on manufacturer date of the weapon (BAR the only one) tax stamp weapons are not really understood by most people. But the law dosen't cover reloading part get around the background check that way for ammo. Homemade firearms parts kits ect the federal weapon ban is come to an end 2013 dec why do you see 3D print guns in the news. This law dosen't cover flamethrower in the state tannerite 5 pounds of thats stuff is fun no background checks for that. Oh you can still hunt with these so called assault rifles. Now you have to registration handguns shotgun do to they now fall into a assault weapon fold. Last no 30 rounds magazines in nys after april 15 2014 for civilians. NYS air guard coast guard military ect is not exempt under this law so what good is it. Their need to be more about up coming anti safe rallies.

g21sfpistol

Banned
has anyone here recieved that letter saying they are coming to take guns or is that just a hoax?

22Luke36

Too early to tell. I think they want people to comply, and confiscations are on the table for those who do not. I think they will just withhold your taxes or something before knocking on doors, they know that might start something they can't finish.

Primus

I understand the ban has been passed and already signed by the governor in NY. My Son lives there. I will have to bring him home.

Sorry New York

Too early to tell. I think they want people to comply, and confiscations are on the table for those who do not. I think they will just withhold your taxes or something before knocking on doors, they know that might start something they can't finish.

Define confiscation is "on the table". Is that a rumor or legate? Glad I dont live there.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Primus

Legate, not sure what stage it's in. I didn't bookmark the link.

I'm going to do some looking into it and post here I guess. That's insane if they believe they can do a knock and confiscate. Even the most legal way would be a bad idea. I certainly wouldn't sign up for that gig. I like coming home to my kid every night.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk