• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC and/or CC legal in/at Reagan National Airport?

cREbralFIX

imported post

Is it legal to OC and/or concealed carry a handgun at Reagan National Airport?

I'm not planning upon going in, but are the non-secure areas legal? What about not stepping into the building?

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-287.01§ 18.2-287.01. Carrying weapon in air carrier airport terminal.
It shall be unlawful for any person to possess or transport into any air carrier airport terminal in the Commonwealth any (i) gun or other weapon designed or intended to propel a missile or projectile of any kind, (ii) frame, receiver, muffler, silencer, missile, projectile or ammunition designed for use with a dangerous weapon, and (iii) any other dangerous weapon, including explosives, stun weapons as defined in § 18.2-308.1, and those weapons specified in subsection A of § 18.2-308. Any such weapon shall be subject to seizure by a law-enforcement officer. A violation of this section is punishable as a Class 1 misdemeanor. Any weapon possessed or transported in violation of this section shall be forfeited to the Commonwealth and disposed of as provided in subsection A of § 18.2-308.
The provisions of this section shall not apply to any police officer, sheriff, law-enforcement agent or official, or conservation police officer, or conservator of the peace employed by the air carrier airport, nor shall the provisions of this section apply to any passenger of an airline who, to the extent otherwise permitted by law, transports a lawful firearm, weapon, or ammunition into or out of an air carrier airport terminal for the sole purposes, respectively, of (i) presenting such firearm, weapon, or ammunition to U.S. Customs agents in advance of an international flight, in order to comply with federal law, (ii) checking such firearm, weapon, or ammunition with his luggage, or (iii) retrieving such firearm, weapon, or ammunition from the baggage claim area.
Any other statute, rule, regulation, or ordinance specifically addressing the possession or transportation of weapons in any airport in the Commonwealth shall be invalid, and this section shall control.
(2004, c. 894; 2007, cc. 87, 519.)

Krato88

imported post

This is good because you can park and legally leave weapons in your car, or carry whilst picking up a loved one (outside but not in, of course), although if you did, I personally would stay in the car ;).

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Krato88 wrote:
This is good because you can park and legally leave weapons in your car, or carry whilst picking up a loved one (outside but not in, of course), although if you did, I personally would stay in the car ;).

Not me.. thats why I wrote and recieved the letter(http://www.vcdl.org/letters/mwaa2008.pdf). If I am not in the terminal then I am not in the terminal. I OC where and when I can.

Ed