• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC ban at Capitol, public demonstrations proposed

solus

Not sure what the excitement is about...
1. Firearm carrying evergreen citizens have consistently abrogated their carry rights for the last decade + by allowing the early 1900s "initiative" process as well as allowing city/county ordinances to be passed & to remain in place!

All without any successful litigation to mitigate the effects for the firearm carrying public!

2. Sorry, with the current rabid mentality in western Washington state, I'm not sure I'd want to to carry, open or otherwise, at a "permitted" demonstration whatsoever!

[sidebar - definition...
For purposes of this subsection (1)(b), "weapon" means any firearm, explosive as defined in RCW 70.74.010, or any weapon of the kind usually known as slungshot, sand club, or metal knuckles, or any knife, dagger, dirk, or other similar weapon that is capable of causing death or bodily injury and is commonly used with the intent to cause death or bodily injury.

Sports stadiums have banned plastic waterbottles yet no uproar?]

3. The citizenry consistently re-elects the idiot facilitators!

4. Finally, as in the state's past...
Much jumping up and down by outside agitated firearm newspeek & social media....but there wasn't one viable option or plan thrown down to reverse this perceived egregious legislation, which by the way is now the law of the land!

solus

Solus, could you be a little more specific about how you feel about Washington state gun laws.
sure...

the firearm owners have abrogated their collective right by allowing...
the Initiative process to continue to exist;
local leaders to pass pervasive ordinances which tax firearms, ammo, e.g., KING county doesn't have any LGSs;
legislative leaders are still in power ~ including keeping the savant Inslee in office!

Eastern WA is a completely different place!!!