• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Beaver Falls

the last gunfighter

ok open carry report for 12/28/12 went to Rite-aid in Beaver Falls ( outside of Pittsburgh) to get my kids meds we get out of the car and this lady in the car next to mine asks the standard question " is that a real gun?" yes....yes it is next question from her " are you a cop?" now I carry a Ruger Vaquero .45 SA in a drop-leg cowboy holster not to many cops carry that way so I say no I'm not then the same deal about how I can open carry legally now I go into the store pick up my stuff she comes back and asks if she can take a pic on her phone because know one will believe her about seeing someone OCing so to me she was freaking out but in a semi-good way IMO

SP101

Campaign Veteran
I love these kinds of encounters because it helps spread the message that it is legal to OC. If people are friendly to me and have questions about it, I will explain it to the best of my ability. If not, I just keep on doing whatever I was doing and ignore the ingnorant. :)

tyc

.. If people are friendly to me and have questions about it, I will explain it to the best of my ability. If not, I just
... ignore the ingnorant. :)

Experience has shown me that most strangers you'll ever meet are friendly and in large measure a rather decent lot.

As for the others, the ones I refer to as members of the "I & A" team (no, it's not a compliment) are a distinct minority and history has shown that every society known to man has and does have them. As you put it so well, simply ignore them, "... ignore the ignorant." and get on with life. It's too wonderful and too sacred not to enjoy it as best one can.

tyc

Last edited: