• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Nevada

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--
We don't expect them to know the answer, but they fully know to keep their mouth shut when they don't.

.......I would hope a judge/jury would find the lying cops to be personally liable.
In a perfect world.

Of course in a perfect world a LEO would not lie to you.

Last edited:

The Big Guy

Now in TX

Just wanted to say goodby to all those I have met and chatted with on the Nevada site. I have moved to Robinson (Waco) TX. Going to take a lot to get used to here. I miss my OC, feels strange. Hopefully things will change here soon.

TBG

Wstar425

Open carry today first at America First Credit union on Durango near Sunset, sign outside said to take off sunglasses and hat for security reasons. I walked in with my cowboy hat on and my prescription glasses, which auto, darken outside. As I walked in there was a very young looking armed security guard standing at the door. I looked at him smiled and said how are you doing. He said well however you do need to remove your hat. I said ok I can do that. He was on my strong side and got a good look at my firearm however not a word about it. The counter person was very friendly and had no issues. Then at my wife’s favorite bead store Discount Beads on Durango near Flamingo never an issue, however they know my wife and accustomed to seeing me.
Then to Red Wing shoes in Henderson Eastern at 215. No issues. Lunchtime at JBs just up Eastern, wife and I had a nice lunch I had one of their drafted beers. We were next to a large family when an older gentlemen setting with the family came over to me and thanked me for exercising my right and said we are all safer with you and your firearm here.

Love the two small town banks where I do business. Both of them allow OC, hats and I can even bring my dog inside, on a leash. I always get a kick out of the shirt and shoes required signs, and no smoking signs. But, sure, feel free to carry a loaded firearm inside!! Talk about irony?

Everyone not working usually comes around to pet the pup. Never a word said about the firearm, or the hat.

A real gentleman takes his hat off inside, maybe they are just trying to teach some manners? 👲🕵🎅👮🏻🎩

b0neZ

Just wanted to say goodby to all those I have met and chatted with on the Nevada site. I have moved to Robinson (Waco) TX. Going to take a lot to get used to here. I miss my OC, feels strange. Hopefully things will change here soon.

TBG
It was great to read about all that you accomplished in the OC world down in the Vegas area.

Hopefully, if you choose to do so, the fight will be much easier in your new locale.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

TBG

It was great to read about all that you accomplished in the OC world down in the Vegas area.

Hopefully, if you choose to do so, the fight will be much easier in your new locale.
Now that Texas has OC, albeit with a license/permit, you shouldn't have much delay.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/chl/legal/newlegislation.htm

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...A real gentleman takes his hat off inside, maybe they are just trying to teach some manners?

That was also back when every place had a hat rack, too. You supposed to carry it around with you now?

It was customary then, not for ceremony, but because your hat was FILTHY.

Last edited:

Wstar425

That was also back when every place had a hat rack, too. You supposed to carry it around with you now?

It was customary then, not for ceremony, but because your hat was FILTHY.

I always thought a tip of the hat was to show that you didn't have anything hidden under there? Like a small pistola. Today, at banks and such I suspect it is because the hat brim probably covers your face and any up high cameras most likely wouldn't get a good shot of you for the evening news. 😳

Generally, we take our hats off indoors although I suspect this is becoming less common and expected, due to different reasons. I take my hat off at the school. I would go cash a check or withdrawal money if I was in and out quick, with my ball cap on, but I would take it off if I was sitting down to sign papers for a loan or such.

I do lots of sports banquets and appreciation dinners and things like that. Out of 500 people, there will always be a few guys wearing ball caps eating a meal, mixed in with some who thought a suit and tie was appropriate wear. We don't have a whole lot of cowboy hat wearing folks around here.

turborich

OC'd at Golden Corral and had a very interesting conversation with the manager.
Manager: Excuse me. I don't mean to interrupt your dinner but I noticed you carrying and if you don't mind I'd like to ask you a question?
Me: Sure...no problem
Manager: Three weeks ago I asked 3 detectives who were in here about carrying in my car. They told me that it was ok as long as I had my blue card and a permit. Is that correct?
Me: I'm sorry ma'am but that is incorrect information that they gave you. (So I proceeded to tell her the correct info regarding the blue card and the CCW permit)
Manager: OK thank you.For some reason I had a feeling that what they were saying was wrong. I just wanted to make sure since I see that you carry.
Me: What made you think that the info they gave you was wrong?
Manager: They kept looking at each other like they were unsure.
WOW! JUST WOW! So then I proceeded to inform her about Question 1 on the ballot (which she knew nothing about) and hopefully got one more NO on ONE!!!!

I'm surprised that Golden Corral didn't make you leave as they have a very anti firearms policy. They have told people to leave before, even while in the middle of eating. Sounds like you spoke to someone decent. Glad it went well for you.

turborich

TBG

Wishing you the best in Texas! I know you have done a lot of good for the gun community here. You have OC in Texas, just need a permit for a hand gun. Just carry a rifle! :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Wishing you the best in Texas! I know you have done a lot of good for the gun community here. You have OC in Texas, just need a permit for a hand gun. Just carry a rifle! :)

Forum Rules

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control and lack of trigger guard coverage, we cannot support long gun open carry.

Vegassteve

Forum Rules

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control and lack of trigger guard coverage, we cannot support long gun open carry.

And in texas if the big guy does not want to pay for a right he needs to oc a long gun. Or a bp revolver.

I would LOVE to SPEAK with Mike and John and not you. How does that happen?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
And in texas if the big guy does not want to pay for a right he needs to oc a long gun. Or a bp revolver.

I would LOVE to SPEAK with Mike and John and not you. How does that happen?
Via email or PM - be my guest. I operate according to their wishes.

turborich

Yep, this is exactly why these communities go down the toilet, you mention one word that somebody doesn't like and it starts.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yep, this is exactly why these communities go down the toilet, you mention one word that somebody doesn't like and it starts.
OCDO is not all inclusive - there are rules for a reason.

Though some have expressed their dissatisfaction with those rules, I do note that one of them was not The Big Guy.

Last edited:

Jeannette

So I went I to an Uber "store" accidentally carried my gun in. I knew their policy is against but hey I forgot to take it off. So the man at the counter tells me that guns are not allowed and continues to tell me that they don't even allow Metro inside with their gun. I had to ask him to repeat himself just to make sure I heard him right. Yup...I heard him right!!!😐

Vegassteve

So I went I to an Uber "store" accidentally carried my gun in. I knew their policy is against but hey I forgot to take it off. So the man at the counter tells me that guns are not allowed and continues to tell me that they don't even allow Metro inside with their gun. I had to ask him to repeat himself just to make sure I heard him right. Yup...I heard him right!!!😐

If you knew the deal why would you go on the first place?