• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oc motorcycle ninja high speed ride past mickeymouse

oc4ever

Yesterday morning I watched as a motorcycle rider got on the I-5 freeway in Santa Ana . The "ninja" was wearing all black clothes, all black motorcycle, and wearing a nice black automatic pistol, it was a good bad assed look. The driver was not very stealth because the motorcycle had a very loud exhaust system. I followed him all the way to the LA County line at a nice 80-85 MPH clip. The picture was taken as we approached Disneyland, you can see the green buildings of the property. Never really seen anyone OC in "the O.C." such a long distance on a motorcycle. We *might* have been near many GFSZ along the way, but of course, I am not personally aware of any schools myself.....

Attachments

• 8-4 031.jpg
    8-4 031.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:

oc4ever

The belt was not a leather duty belt, but a cloth/nylon style one.I missed the handcuffs holder if he had one, but was busy driving and keeping up with him. He had no type of official shoulder patches where they would be if a LEO. Is it possible he was a off duty LEO, sure, but I doubt it. Never seen one ride OC, just CC, and I am sure he would be discouraged leaving work looking like he is going on a " ninja mission". You guys seem to be good observers, so I will buy anyone a meal here in O.C.land that can figure out from the picture what car I was driving.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
The belt was not a leather duty belt, but a cloth/nylon style one.I missed the handcuffs holder if he had one, but was busy driving and keeping up with him. He had no type of official shoulder patches where they would be if a LEO. Is it possible he was a off duty LEO, sure, but I doubt it. Never seen one ride OC, just CC, and I am sure he would be discouraged leaving work looking like he is going on a " ninja mission". You guys seem to be good observers, so I will buy anyone a meal here in O.C.land that can figure out from the picture what car I was driving.

Lotus Elise

oc4ever

Yes CONDITION THREE, it is a Lotus Elise, very observant, most drivers would not know that; do you have one? I owe you dinner when you get down this way. PM me to collect.

oc4ever

PULLNSHOOT, that would be my guess also. The whole all black ninja clothing with no patches looks good, but is hardly the normal security guard outfit. Do they have to be wearing their work clothes(or uniform) to qualify for the exemption?

Iopencarry

PULLNSHOOT, that would be my guess also. The whole all black ninja clothing with no patches looks good, but is hardly the normal security guard outfit. Do they have to be wearing their work clothes(or uniform) to qualify for the exemption?

The answer is no, they do not need to be wearing their work clothes. just like a LEO does not need to wear his work clothes to and from work.
In fact, it is a good idea NOT to wear the uniform when not working.

mjones

The answer is no, they do not need to be wearing their work clothes. just like a LEO does not need to wear his work clothes to and from work.
In fact, it is a good idea NOT to wear the uniform when not working.

LEO have no requirement to be wearing 'work clothes' while carrying, but 'security guards' most certainly do if they are carrying loaded.

PC 12031. (a) (1) A person is guilty of carrying a loaded firearm ...
(d) Subdivision (a) shall not apply to any of the following who
have been issued a certificate pursuant to Section 12033.
(5) Uniformed security guards, regularly employed and compensated
in that capacity by persons engaged in any lawful business, and
uniformed alarm agents employed by an alarm company operator, while
actually engaged in protecting and preserving the property of their
employers or on duty or en route to or from their residences or their
places of employment
, and security guards and alarm agents en route
to or from their residences or employer-required range training.
Nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to prohibit cities and
counties from enacting ordinances requiring alarm agents to register
their names.

12033. The Department of Consumer Affairs may issue a certificate
to any person referred to in subdivision (d) of Section 12031, upon
notification by the school where the course was completed, that the
person has successfully completed a course in the carrying and use of
firearms and a course of training in the exercise of the powers of
arrest which meet the standards prescribed by the department pursuant
to Section 7583.5 of the Business and Professions Code. [In essence Guard-Card holder]

Additinally - I think there are specific 'marking' requirements for the uniforms as well, but I'm not certain.

Last edited:

oc4ever

I thought security guards had to be in uniform to carry to/from work. This guy definitely was not identified with any patches/badges/ID. Unless you consider the pink heart sticker on his motorcycle.....LOL.

puppy8agun

I carry but avoid school zones

This is my conservative outfit. I wore white pants with the white chaps in this pic. I ride OC all the time.

284987_2225147037648_1516920629_2425986_4271480_n.jpg

228877_2225140277479_1516920629_2425964_3630351_n.jpg

Motorcycles and open carry rock!

Last edited:

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
LEO have no requirement to be wearing 'work clothes' while carrying, but 'security guards' most certainly do if they are carrying loaded.

PC 12031. (a) (1) A person is guilty of carrying a loaded firearm ...
(d) Subdivision (a) shall not apply to any of the following who
have been issued a certificate pursuant to Section 12033.
(5) Uniformed security guards, regularly employed and compensated
in that capacity by persons engaged in any lawful business, and
uniformed alarm agents employed by an alarm company operator, while
actually engaged in protecting and preserving the property of their
employers or on duty or en route to or from their residences or their
places of employment
, and security guards and alarm agents en route
to or from their residences or employer-required range training.
Nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to prohibit cities and
counties from enacting ordinances requiring alarm agents to register
their names.

I don't see that part that says people employed as "uniformed security guards" actually have to be uniformed in order to be exempt from 12031. My understanding is that when you are working as a security guard, you must wear a uniform to qualify for this exemption, but that's the extent of the uniform discussion.