• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Oklahoma

gprod55

Are we dead for the year or is there a glimmer of hope for a chance to open carry this year? I know we can open carry on our own property and in our own homes or businesses. But what about hunting? Can we openly carry a handgun or does it have to be concealed? If it has to be concealed then is a license required? I know ya need a hunting license but does that include handguns? So many questions. I guess I need a bunch of answers.

Aknazer

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/Index.asp?ftdb=STOKST21&level=1

Read 1270 through 1290. That's the Oklahoma laws covering guns and is something that you will want to regularly read over to make sure you know the laws. Now to answer some of your other questions.

1) OC is dead in terms of any laws being passed, but someone is working on getting OC declared already legal. See here for some more info.

2) Per 1289.6 yes you may open carry while hunting.

3) 1289.6 states when you may open carry both loaded and unloaded. Bullet 6 under A is how we're working to get OC ruled already legal.

4) In order to legally concealed carry yes you need a Concealed Weapons Permit.

5) No you don't need a license to be able to own a handgun.

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

gprod55

Thanks

Thanks you cleared up my questions on open carry of handguns while hunting. Our chance of open carry this year depends on if he can convince the AG it is legal. Hoperfully he can convince some of our elected officials to back this and bypass the naysayers. Slim chance but possible. Sure ain't going to hold my breath though.

Aknazer

Thanks you cleared up my questions on open carry of handguns while hunting. Our chance of open carry this year depends on if he can convince the AG it is legal. Hoperfully he can convince some of our elected officials to back this and bypass the naysayers. Slim chance but possible. Sure ain't going to hold my breath though.

I went to the OKC gunshow this weekend and ended up talking with one of the OK2A.com directors and he believes that the AG would support it when I talked to him about it. Hell when I brought up the subject he flat out told me that per our laws it's already legal, but basically no one wants to be the guinea pig that gets arrested and fights it in court. And he said that before I told him about the work towards getting the AG opinion.