• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing on Halloween

mnrobitaille

Seriously? Claim?

I know there are several air/bb/pellet/toy guns out there that are made to be almost exact duplicates of sidearms, as I saw one last year in Portland.

IOW be OCing on Halloween, & while out saying that their sidearm is a part of their costume.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
When young son was of that age, he brought back reports of hoods relieving the kids of their treats.

Dressed out myself in black with stainless model 66 and DoubleTap in camo with OC. In short order we had a troop of moms with kids in tow walking in mass behind us shining their lights on our holstered handguns whenever someone strange approached.

No candy was diverted from the intended recipient.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I put on a goodly sized Halloween setup. Last year, a good sized group from Whatcom Open Carry assisted me and most OC'd and a few concealed for fashions sake. I personally, wore a tuxedo with a black and gold plated Nagant pistol in a cross draw. This year it will be black tails with stainless full size 1911. We expect about a dozen open carriers assisting again this year and all will OC. We are the safest venue in Bellingham.
hello.jpg

Boomboy007

I put on a goodly sized Halloween setup. Last year, a good sized group from Whatcom Open Carry assisted me and most OC'd and a few concealed for fashions sake. I personally, wore a tuxedo with a black and gold plated Nagant pistol in a cross draw. This year it will be black tails with stainless full size 1911. We expect about a dozen open carriers assisting again this year and all will OC. We are the safest venue in Bellingham.
View attachment 13231
"Goodly sized...." he says. [emoji1]

That is like saying the Hindenburg was a largish balloon.