• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OFCC Party in the Park on August 11, 2013

MyWifeSaidYes

Ohioans For Concealed Carry is having their annual Party in the Park on SUNDAY, August 11.

Everyone is invited. Open carry is okay, but firearms are not required.

Admission and parking are free.

If you want a catered lunch, tickets are available until July 31, otherwise bring your own.

For those who purchase lunch tickets, THERE WILL BE DOOR PRIZES.

The door prizes may include just about anything, including ammo and firearms. One gun store owner has stated he will be donating a Glock 19 and a 1000-round case of 9mm.

The party is being held at Liberty Park in Powell, just north of Columbus, Ohio.
(Don't confuse Liberty Park with Library Park)

There will be some speakers and legislators attending the party.

Other details and lunch tickets available at the OFCC web site: http://ohioccw.org/

Last edited:

MyWifeSaidYes

I'm going for the chance to meet face to face with other pro-2A individuals.

There are some people that don't like OFCC for their politics or their officers, or even their forum admins, but I don't think that is a reason to miss out on meeting the forum members that will be attending.

As I write this, the web site of the Buckeye Firearms Association is under a DoS attack (Denial of Service) they feel is in response to their efforts to raise money for George Zimmerman to use to purchase a replacement handgun.

The DoS attack is punitive at this point. BFA already sent that check!

This attack could just as easily been against the OFCC web site or even OCDO.

It's things like this that cause me to put aside differences and stand with other folks that, while they may take a different path, have the same goal.

It doesn't hurt that I heard the food the have catered is really good!

And there are door prizes.

CORRECTION: The Party in the Park is on SUNDAY, August 11, 2013

Brian D.

Thanks for putting this up, Dave. And thanks to the Mod/Admin who 'Stickied' it.

I've gone to everyone of these annual Picnics so far. Never a hassle or problem of any kind, really.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Thanks for putting this up, Dave. And thanks to the Mod/Admin who 'Stickied' it.

I've gone to everyone of these annual Picnics so far. Never a hassle or problem of any kind, really.
AND, some wise and kind soul used to bring name tags, because unlike a certain member of "leadership, he realized that the meet-n-greet aspects of the picnic were valuable.

Jordysoso

I wish I could come :/ I have to drive an hour and a half to conduct an interview at 3pm that day