• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

off-duty-atf-agent-shot-killed-his-mastiff-puppy

eye95

A golden retriever off a leash ran up to them while his dogs, which were on leashes but running free, chased after it.

I am having a hard time reconciling what the owner is trying to say here. If there is not a human being or some kind of anchor on the other end of the leash, the dogs are not really “on leashes”. If there is a human or an anchor on the other end, then the dogs are not really running free.

I’d like to read the other side of the story before arriving at a judgement, but the one side I have read is awfully fishy.

solus

“I should have maybe reported it or said something, but I didn't because I just said maybe that was a freak situation and I just got out okay,”

individual failed to react appropriately the first time this “ATF” agent misbehaved with his firearm and his version of the initial event is a he said/he said controversy.

solus

1. KYBMS
  2. begin a civil suit
  3. press charges against the individual
  4. raise questions to press/SOffice why agent had a gun on educational property
  5. assure newspeek/social media keeps event in front of the populace

JTHunter2

With three adult dogs and four puppies, how much "control" could this man have had even IF he was holding the leashes??

As for the ATF agent - Good grief !! Between having a gun in a GFZ (school grounds) and worse, firing said gun in a NON-"life or death" situation, this agent is an IDIOT !!