• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Official Charged With Having Machine Gun in East Haven

buketdude

imported post

http://www.wfsb.com/news/23548279/detail.html

EAST HAVEN, Conn. -- [/b]Police in East Haven said an official was arrested for having a prohibited machine gun.Police said Ralph Mauro, East Haven's assistant director of administration and management, was arrested on Thursday.Police said Mauro was in possession of an illegal machine gun.Officials said the machine gun was legal until the state changed its law making it illegal to possess the machine gun. Police said Mauro held on to the automatic weapon.

Really?? When did Machine Guns become illegal in CT?? because I must know a lot of felons then...

jimw

]

Really?? When did Machine Guns become illegal in CT?? because I must know a lot of felons then...[/QUOTE]

when thier stolen..

jimw

Wouldn't it be grandfathered in since he possessed it before the law changed?

the firearms in question were stolen! thats what he was arrested for. he was in possesion of stolen fiearms, and one happened to be a pre ban. but stolen none the less. jim