• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OK legislative bill tracking

Bullbuster

imported post

Does anyone know how to track new bill being introduced? The only link I could find wasto bills headed for the Gov's desk.

As a VCDL memberI liked seeing what new billshad been introduced when I lived in VA. I'd sure like to know now that I live in OK what the heck the OK Gov is doing for my PRO 2nd rights.

I really miss VA and OC and such right now.

okboomer

imported post

Hi Bullbuster ...

I would recommend you write directly to your representative and senator directly. They are very responsive in this state ... the voting pool is smaller and elections could turn on the will of a few.

Our State and Federal Congressmen and women are online and you can sign up for email alerts from them. Each time I have contacted my congressmen and women by email, I generally recieve an email reply and a snail mail letter.

We are currently accepting the hard work of Tom Coburn and James Inhofe as Federal Senators. Both are extremely effective and I am sure you have seen them in their fight against the HealthCare fiasco.

Our Representatives in Washington are not all known to me, but I am familiar with Mary Fallin, Dan Boren, Tom Cole, and Frank Lucas. I believe that Mary Fallin will soon run for the gubernatorial seat.

As for the State offices, Gov. Henry has been a smooth and easy governer which I believe the state needed after the contentious terms served by Frank Keating. Gov. Henry has been most effective as an executive and given the office back some of the 'we're just folks' we lost under Keating.

I am not happy with the Leutenant Governor ... Jari Askins. She is anti-gun and hasn't been 'caught out yet,' but I remember about 8 years ago that she delivered a paper to then Gov. Frank Keating as his part of his School Board that showed that houses with guns were more likely to have students that dropped out of high schoolalong witha myriad of other issues. I am still watching her, and can say that she has not been anywhere as effective as Mary Fallin was in that position.

Again, welcome to Oklahoma and I hope you like it here. I believe you are aware of the support we have with Representatives in the Tulsa area to get Open Carry to the floor of the House this year.

More information about this can be found in the forums of www.oklahomashooters.com

cheers -- AnnClaire

Bullbuster

imported post

Thank you very much okboomer.

While I haven't changed my voting status yet from Washington to here as my oldest brother is running for our County Judge seat. I will after he is elected (fingers crossed).

I sure would love to see OC passed here. I really miss that about VA. Being active duty I have had the pleasure and misfortune to live in states that the 2nd is cherished and others its used to clean up after the dog does his thing.

I'mall for helping in any way I can to better things here in OK for all of us who choose to defend ourselves and not become a sheep.