• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Old orchard beach

Marcus92183

Had two different conversations with police officers during our walk today. They didn't bother me at all I initiated both interactions and they went without incident. Good job old orchard beach police!!

boyscout399

OOB police have been great since my last encounter with them. I have gone on several occasions and they smile and wave at me, but never stop me.

Marcus92183

They didn't stop me I stopped to ask them about rules about dogs on the beach area. I noticed one of the officers eyeballed my gun a bit but that is to be expected. Nothing about the gun was mentioned It was a good day I think I will visit there more often

boyscout399

I Open carry around the Old Port often. I don't do it at night though. Legally you can and the police in Portland have been getting better. Carry a recording device.

CCinMaine

Does Portland still have that no carry after dark ordinance? I know its unenforceable due to the state preemption, but I was wondering if they still had it on the books?

tazxrulz

I carry daily in OOB as I live here. I go to store, restaurants, and sit on the benches downtown. The only problem I had was being denied access to the pier by a security guard. He didn't let me talk to his boss to confirm their policy. I am going to look for a contact person to try and understand what the official policy is. That is unless someone here already knows?

tazxrulz

I carry daily in OOB as I live here. I go to store, restaurants, and sit on the benches downtown. The only problem I had was being denied access to the pier by a security guard. He didn't let me talk to his boss to confirm their policy. I am going to look for a contact person to try and understand what the official policy is. That is unless someone here already knows?

I'm sure some guy that wanted to do harm would follow that policy. In the case a armed madman decided to go shoot up the pier how do you plan to protect the life of my family and I? Do you think you make the pier safer by stripping me of the right to protect myself and my family? You do know that sandy hook was a gun free zone. As was the Aurora movie theater. Your thoughts on the issue would be appreciated.
Thanks,

P.S. What about just walking down the Pier and not entering any restaurants or lounges?

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM, paulsoobpier@gmail.com <paulsoobpier@gmail.com> wrote:
we do not allow guns in our Restaurants or lounges on the pier that is our policy other than on duty law enforcement police officers.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Phone

-----Original message-----
To: paulsoobpier@gmail.com
Sent: Mon, Jul 15, 2013 21:12:14 EDT
Subject: Hello

Hello sir,
I am writing to get clarification of your policy regarding a citizen legally carrying a properly holstered firearm on the pier. My family and I were denied access to the pier when we tried to go get ourselves some of those $1. We were denied simply because I had my gun on my hip. I openly carry everywhere I go since I've get to obtain my ccw. I would hate to no longer be able to get food on the pier with my family.
Thanks for your attention in this matter,