• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Olmos, TX police injure and arrest open carrier - President of Open Carry Texas

solus

You just don’t know how much work it took BB62 an myself to get gutshotII to this point in life.😁

CoL, you and the big guy are such good citizens and oh soooo kind to take your southern neighbour under your wings to teach them everything you know. :uhoh:

I am sure they truly appreciate your guidance as well your humble commentary explaining how they got to know so much in such a short period of time as well as prob want to do you bodily harm the next time you guys meet up! (opps outside voice!)

Shame C.J and the gang in Texas don't have such trusted advisers, as the LoneStar's citizens prob would not have to show the nice LEs their privilege permits when OC'g and asked for their "PAPERs"

mobeewan

For anyone thinking this is all about getting the ordinance repealed, that's not what this whole thing is about. This is an extremely corrupt Police Department. Apparently there will be video coming out in the next few days that shows CJ retreating when he was tasered, the guy with him thrown to the ground after he was handcuffed and audio of Joanna being threatened with rape by one of the police officers when being taken to jail. There's also a lot of stuff that has happened in the past and lawsuits are in the works.

https://youtu.be/q6bj8wMnykE

solus

For anyone thinking this is all about getting the ordinance repealed, that's not what this whole thing is about. This is an extremely corrupt Police Department. Apparently there will be video coming out in the next few days that shows CJ retreating when he was tasered, the guy with him thrown to the ground after he was handcuffed and audio of Joanna being threatened with rape by one of the police officers when being taken to jail. There's also a lot of stuff that has happened in the past and lawsuits are in the works.

Of course, and this is just one side of the story from the tale of the naked city.

Sorry, there are already numerous U.S. cities under DoJ oversight, however as presviously stated, their actions do not rationalize the opportunities for a citizen to become maimed or to die over attempting to overturn an alledged corrupt community LE agency.

Where is the highest peace officer (sheriff) involved in this naked city tale?

Why isn't the TX AG or state police involved? Why on this flat earth does a private citizen believe they can incite mayhem, not once but multiple times, while running the risk to self, friends, and other colleagues to point out corruption?

Finally, C.J. going to say, “sorry you got raped, sorry they broke your back, sorry to a bystander who died from a wayward bullet(s)” our is he going to shrug and collateral damage was not expected! Then when there is no money for medical bills until after suit(s) are adjudicationed?

No, sorry the ROI having firearms aimed at me who have QI, while i amd spread eagle on the ground, just to make a statement doesn’t seem good enough!

BB62

Accomplished Advocate

Beat me to it!

Yeah, the place is seriously corrupt, and though I disagree with aspects of how CJ conducted himself, there is apparently a much larger story here than simply a Chief/department willing to ignore TX preemption.

I'm reminded of the movie "The Sting". :cool:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
CoL, you and the big guy are such good citizens and oh soooo kind to take your southern neighbour under your wings to teach them everything you know. :uhoh:

I am sure they truly appreciate your guidance as well your humble commentary explaining how they got to know so much in such a short period of time as well as prob want to do you bodily harm the next time you guys meet up! (opps outside voice!)

Shame C.J and the gang in Texas don't have such trusted advisers, as the LoneStar's citizens prob would not have to show the nice LEs their privilege permits when OC'g and asked for their "PAPERs"
A minute and 42 seconds.....Tops......

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

After watching the video it is clear they got it under control. My amateur experience would be of no help to them. I wish them the best.

stealthyeliminator

Of course, and this is just one side of the story from the tale of the naked city.

Sorry, there are already numerous U.S. cities under DoJ oversight, however as presviously stated, their actions do not rationalize the opportunities for a citizen to become maimed or to die over attempting to overturn an alledged corrupt community LE agency.

Where is the highest peace officer (sheriff) involved in this naked city tale?

Why isn't the TX AG or state police involved? Why on this flat earth does a private citizen believe they can incite mayhem, not once but multiple times, while running the risk to self, friends, and other colleagues to point out corruption?

Finally, C.J. going to say, “sorry you got raped, sorry they broke your back, sorry to a bystander who died from a wayward bullet(s)” our is he going to shrug and collateral damage was not expected! Then when there is no money for medical bills until after suit(s) are adjudicationed?

No, sorry the ROI having firearms aimed at me who have QI, while i amd spread eagle on the ground, just to make a statement doesn’t seem good enough!

There is truly no end to your BS.

Now CJ is responsible for the free decisions of other able-minded adults? Give me a break, solus.

stealthyeliminator

... we'd just be saying that the police follow the law. ...

Well, maybe.

It sounds to me as though they were better prepared than they're currently receiving credit for, but details cannot be released until the legal battles begin. That doesn't change the fact that many here will still not like the overall strategy, but, hey... To each their own, I guess.

solus

There is truly no end to your BS.

Now CJ is responsible for the free decisions of other able-minded adults? Give me a break, solus.

Noticed, no answer to involvement of sheriff, AG, SP, or DoJ in dealing with alledged corrupt LE agency?

1. Who planned the exercise of disobedience activism for his followers?

2. Who would/could be held civilly liable for the safety of those participating in disobedience activism?

3. Did said followers sign hold harmless waivers to participate in disobedience activism?

The nice LE members sure looked like and sounded like they were reacting like they meant business as the dropped the disobedience activists on the ground at gun point, using taser(s), betcha those hancuffs hurt like the devil since they were so tight!

free decisions, uh huh, ya right!

solus

Beat me to it!

Yeah, the place is seriously corrupt, and though I disagree with aspects of how CJ conducted himself, there is apparently a much larger story here than simply a Chief/department willing to ignore TX preemption.

I'm reminded of the movie "The Sting". :cool:

First version of walking tall...Based on the life C.J. Grisham whom almost single-handily cleaned up his small town of crime and corruption, but at a personal cost of his...

hammer6

Well, maybe.

It sounds to me as though they were better prepared than they're currently receiving credit for, but details cannot be released until the legal battles begin. That doesn't change the fact that many here will still not like the overall strategy, but, hey... To each their own, I guess.

the only thing I have to go by is how outrageously emotional and unprofessional they were on their facebook page.

KBCraig

so you mean without 30.06 or 30.07 there's no way for a person to protect private property rights? You mean, they can't just put a sign up that says "no guns allowed, violators will be asked to leave. those who don't leave will be tresspassed"? They need actual legislation and code that enforces their will outright, above tresspassing, with full backing from the government and enforced by police? It's not tresspass, it's separate from tresspass. Is there somewhere in the Texas constitution that gives the government authority to allow a private citizen to establish their own "off-limits" place?

The 30.06 (and now 30.07) notices were to protect carriers. As originally passed in 1995, the CHL law didn't define what would constitute sufficient notice to anyone carrying, so a carrier could be prosecuted for not seeing a tiny little "no guns" sign tucked away in a corner. And in Texas, being in possession of a deadly weapon while trespassing bumps the crime from a Class C misdemeanor (the same as a speeding ticket), up to Class A (one year in jail and a $1,000 fine, and loss of CHL for five years).

The state constitution doesn't have to give the government authority to allow private property owners such authority: they already have it.

gutshot II

Well, maybe.

There are some here that are not going to like any strategy (successful or unsuccessful) unless they themselves initiated it.

stealthyeliminator

Noticed, no answer to involvement of sheriff, AG, SP, or DoJ in dealing with alledged corrupt LE agency?

[nonsense snipped]

What makes you think I'd know? Do you have a phone? Why don't you call each agency and ask them if you really want to know?

Fallschirjmäger

1. Who planned the exercise of disobedience activism for his followers?
2. Who would/could be held civilly liable for the safety of those participating in disobedience activism?
3. Did said followers sign hold harmless waivers to participate in disobedience activism?

Am I just not keeping up with the news?
What 'civil disobedience is Solus referring to? Were the citizens in violation of any federal, state, county, or city ordinance, rule, code or law?

solus

Am I just not keeping up with the news?
What 'civil disobedience is Solus referring to? Were the citizens in violation of any federal, state, county, or city ordinance, rule, code or law?

Yepper they violated an ordinance on the books at the time of their interactions with the town’s constabulary, some say the ordinance was illegal due to state exemption, several days after the fact, the town council repealed the ordinance!

Unfortunately, while not a lawyer, i believe prosecutor or judge must decide if revocation is in order!

However, not sure what the group participants were actually charged with?

Fallschirjmäger

It would seem that despite the plain wording of Sec 229.001, Olmos TX believes it can regulate how a rifle may be transported.

Olmos Park Texas, Code of Ordinances
Sec. 24-85. - Unauthorized carrying of loaded rifle or shotgun.
It shall be unlawful for any person, other than a duly authorized peace officer, to carry a loaded rifle or loaded shotgun on any public street within the city. A rifle or shotgun shall be considered loaded if it contains a shell or shells in either barrel or magazine.
(Code 1985, § 10.200)​

Texas, Local Government Code 229.001
Sec. 229.001. FIREARMS; AIR GUNS; KNIVES; EXPLOSIVES. (a) Notwithstanding any other law, including Section 43.002 of this code and Chapter 251, Agriculture Code, a municipality may not adopt regulations relating to:
(1) the transfer, private ownership, keeping, transportation, licensing, or registration of firearms, air guns, knives, ammunition, or firearm or air gun supplies; or​

Maybe Olmos Park believes you can bear arms ... but they can't be loaded, which pretty much invalidates the point of bearing in the first place (Shades of Washington D.C. there!).

As an aside, while I believe the courts may the authority to prohibit an ordinance being passed or enforced, I'm not sure the courts have the power to keep a law from being revoked if a municipality chooses to do so.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--while I believe the courts may the authority to prohibit an ordinance being passed or enforced, I'm not sure the courts have the power to keep a law from being revoked if a municipality chooses to do so.
This is where voting means so much.

Enter the soap box and ballot box, stage right.

hammer6

The 30.06 (and now 30.07) notices were to protect carriers. As originally passed in 1995, the CHL law didn't define what would constitute sufficient notice to anyone carrying, so a carrier could be prosecuted for not seeing a tiny little "no guns" sign tucked away in a corner. And in Texas, being in possession of a deadly weapon while trespassing bumps the crime from a Class C misdemeanor (the same as a speeding ticket), up to Class A (one year in jail and a $1,000 fine, and loss of CHL for five years).

The state constitution doesn't have to give the government authority to allow private property owners such authority: they already have it.

Thanks Kevin- only explanation I've ever gotten on this issue. It now makes sense, but I still see it as unconstitutional, because it places an unlawful infringement on a legal carrier. Or am I wrong?