• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carrier saves lives from mass shooter in Richmond, VA

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
marshaul wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
What's that supposed to mean? :p

I s'pose you're too dense to figure it out.  It's a measure of a bore from land to land in fractions of an inch, (The high spots) rather than in millimeters. 

Y'know... like that sissy 9 you use. :banghead:
lol, I own a 9mm?

News to me. Don't tell my 1911, he'll think you're calling him diminutive. :shock:

Edit: Double post, see last page for discussion of style/usage.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Who made you the spelling POLICE? Take your meds... or your medicinal weed 'n get over yourself. 'You're not gonna let... SCREW YOU, DWEEB!

KBCraig

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Sorry, I'm not about to let Sonora get away with using British spellings. And who said that was acceptable practice, anyway? I beg to differ!
That's a horse of a different colour. Now... back to self-defence. ;)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

KBCraig wrote:
marshaul wrote:
Sorry, I'm not about to let Sonora get away with using British spellings. And who said that was acceptable practice, anyway? I beg to differ!
That's a horse of a different colour. Now... back to self-defence. ;)
:D:D

apjonas

imported post

Don't get yer knickers in a twist. Language can be fun. Considering the various ways to refer to tube portion of a firearm brings in history, politics and other fields. Most often the naming measurement departs from reality anyway. Of course, everybody has heard of the 40 mm Glock or the .09 Beretta. Take a teaching moment to teach, not bash someone over the head. Last night, I wore out three rubbers doing homework. Tonight I'm going to knock up a nice lady I met at the range. She's a fast mover, in the middle of discussing plumbing in her new addition, she asked me if I would mind laying some pipe for her. Now where are those French letters???

Legba

imported post

Thoroughly off-topic, but I'm reminded of a Brit guy who thought that people were saying "fresh lettuce" instead of "French letters." I also get people in the shop asking for 40mm pistols and the like. I hope I know what they mean...

As for the OP, well done with an old cowboy single-action.

-ljp

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

cato wrote:
Have the police released the tape yet? Or has anyone done a FOIA?
The tape may not be able to be released by RPD. The video tape belongs to the store owner. If RPD has a copy, they would probably exempt it from FOIA request as part of a criminal investigation. Since we have not seen or heard of an autopsy report yet, I would conclude that the investigation has not been finalized.

There has been some conversation about blurring the faces on a copy if the principles were to agree. No final decision yet.

Yata hey

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
The tape may not be able to be released by RPD. The video tape belongs to the store owner. If RPD has a copy, they would probably exempt it from FOIA request as part of a criminal investigation. Since we have not seen or heard of an autopsy report yet, I would conclude that the investigation has not been finalized.
Grape, you have been here at OCDO too long . . . you sound like a lawyer who needs to start billing by the hour:cool:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Mike wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Grape, you have been here at OCDO too long . . . you sound like a lawyer who needs to start billing by the hour:cool:
Unlike some councilors (present company excluded), I charge exactly what my opinions are worth, though some would say that I'm getting paid twice the value. :?

BTW - What is meant by "been here too long?" Am I going somewhere? :uhoh: I'm trying to do better, I really am.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Come on guys - quit ganging up on me.

I've learned more, seen more and benefited more from my association here then I could ever contribute. That is not to my credit but to yours, each of you.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
SNIP I've learned more, seen more and benefited more from my association here then I could ever contribute.
You're welcome. :)
I've also learned to not assume and that it is foolish to enter into an exchange where one does not have ammunition of an effective caliber. :)

Yata hey

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Update: The video is supposed to be very funny minus the part when the store owner gets shot. The bad guy finally went down when he ran face first into a door. The good guy got a new revolver courtesy of the store owner.

sidestreet

imported post

T Dubya wrote:
Update: The video is supposed to be very funny minus the part when the store owner gets shot. The bad guy finally went down when he ran face first into a door. The good guy got a new revolver courtesy of the store owner.

Sounds like "All's well that ends well." to me!!!

+1000

sidestreet

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

mpg9999

imported post

From the November 2009 issue of the NRA's "Americas 1st Freedom" Magazine, under armed citizen:

"The robber who burst inside a food market waving a gun seemed surprised to find eight shoppers inside. He ordered everyone to the floor, firing shots in the customer's direction and twice shooting store owner Mustapha Kassou. Police say that's when a man with a concealed-carry permit leapt to his feet and drew his .45-cal. Colt revolver. He told the robber to drop the gun. When the robber didn't comply, the armed citizen shot him, took his gun and held him for police. Onlookers encouraged the armed citizen to shoot the robber again, but he kept his cool and exercised better judgment. Kassou is recovering from his injuries. "[The armed citizen] saved a lot of lives," he said. "He was like an angel who came to save everybody." (Richmond Times-Dispatch, Richmond VA., 07/15/09)"

Anyone else find it interesting that they didn't mention that fact that he was open carrying? They just described him as a concealed carry permit holder, leading one to believe he was carrying concealed.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Doesn't surprise me a bit that NRA did not get the facts right.

BTW - the good guy just got his SA revolver back from Richmond PD.

Yata hey