• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry at library?

The Big Guy

So clearly under their own published LIBRARY RULES OF CONDUCT item 3, only those firearms that come under NRS 202.3673 are not allowed in library facilities.
Seems to me they just lost their fight. They have no legal standing, and they clearly say so in their own rules.

The item marked 379 policy is a direct threat so is therefore in violation of NRS 207.190 Coercion.

TBG

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So clearly under their own published LIBRARY RULES OF CONDUCT item 3, only those firearms that come under NRS 202.3673 are not allowed in library facilities.
Seems to me they just lost their fight. They have no legal standing, and they clearly say so in their own rules.

The item marked 379 policy is a direct threat so is therefore in violation of NRS 207.190 Coercion.

TBG
The library sunk their own ship, but the average library user won't see that - they'll think guns are illegal there.
http://www.leg.state.nv.us/nrs/nrs-202.html#NRS202Sec3673

28kfps

The library sunk their own ship, but the average library user won't see that - they'll think guns are illegal there.
http://www.leg.state.nv.us/nrs/nrs-202.html#NRS202Sec3673

Crafty wording just like the signs at some of our city parks. Words to this effect. Guns Prohibited per city code 13.36.020. The code includes the NRS that says, paraphrased a legal gun owner can carry his legal gun. However the average park goers sees GUNS PROHIBITED.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I plan on emailing them tomorrow am, before they go home early. the email is geared to assure that they make good use of their ant acid this weekend, been posting on the emails on another sight as it got old the people from other states telling me im doing it wrong. Made sure there are a couple of typo's in this one for them though. Happy Turkey everyone!!!

The Big Guy

I plan on emailing them tomorrow am, before they go home early. the email is geared to assure that they make good use of their ant acid this weekend, been posting on the emails on another sight as it got old the people from other states telling me im doing it wrong. Made sure there are a couple of typo's in this one for them though. Happy Turkey everyone!!!

Thanks for the effort and keep us updated anyway. I know it's hard, but try to ignore those that annoy you. They can't argue with an unwilling participant.

TBG

28kfps

posting on the emails on another sight as it got old the people from other states telling me im doing it wrong.

The way to do it wrong is not doing anything, complain and scrutinize the hard working ones that are going out of their way to make changes. Now that’s wrong. Our local hard working activist has been instrumental in local pro gun law changes.

turborich

I agree! I've followed the thread here and over at NV Shooters. I think that you're doing a fine job and would like to say thank you!

Joe LeFors

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and the leftovers are now gone.
It has been a while, has there been any movement on the library issue?

Take Care

JL

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and the leftovers are now gone.
It has been a while, has there been any movement on the library issue?

Take Care

JL

Just got this today:

Bramwell Karen E <bramwellk@lvccld.org>
To Tread
Today at 12:36 PM

Dear Mr. Tread,

On November 4, 2015, we provided you with a good faith estimate of $191.25, which at that time represented costs of copying 756 email pages at $0.25 each to satisfy your Records Request. At this point, our continued search has now identified over 6,000 additional emails which are potentially responsive to your Records Request. Each one of these emails needs to be reviewed to comply with our confidentiality obligations under Nevada law. This will require the extraordinary use of library personnel.

We have identified an employee who has the knowledge to review the documents as well as the technological expertise to accommodate your Records Request in an electronic format.

The hourly rate of this employee is $37.73 per hour. We anticipate this request to incur 100 hours of staff time for a total estimated cost of $3,773.00. Additionally, we would require 60 days to accomplish this review.

As an alternative, you may limit your request in scope and time. For example, requesting only executive staff emails from 2015 would reduce the scope and cost of your request, as well as possibly reduce our response time. We will accommodate you either way. Please advise as soon as possible so we may proceed accordingly.

Thanks so much.

Karen

Karen Bramwell-Thomas

Public Relations Manager

Las Vegas-Clark County Library District

7060 W. Windmill Lane

Las Vegas, NV 89113

bramwellk@lvccld.org

www.lvccld.org

I have refrained from posting the majority of correspondence on here as at one point there was a lot of chatter from well meaning folks that was distracting from the actual work. If I do post a response on this forum, and you feel it is inadequate , or lacking notice I have posted the contact info and you are more than welcome to show me how it is done.

Vegassteve

Someone at the library is making 37 an hour? Maybe I should file a Nora request on all employees wages. Because that seems extreme. Sounds like a fabrication.

garand_guy

They can't provide electronic copies? This stinks to high heaven. Let's just sue them and subpoena the documents. Or just force the issue and protest.

Edit: Maybe time for one of the aggrieved parties to file a complaint with the AG's office. Frankly I think charging for documents, especially at such an exorbitant rate is simply a way to deny the documents.

Edit again: I'm pretty darn sure that the district and Nevada gov agencies can and will do whatever the heck they feel they can get away with, but as far as fees go, NRS 239 and district policy seems to only indicate that fees would be owed to "provide a copy" not inspect a record. I'd gather from my reading that inspecting a record is not making a copy. I'm pretty darn sure that they'll interpret it to mean whatever they want it to mean.

NRS 239.052 and NRS 239.055 and http://www.lvccld.org/pdfs/policies/Public%20Records%20Request%20Policy.pdf

Last edited:

The Big Guy

Meanwhile

Another uneventful trip to the Henderson Paseo Verde branch. Sat out between the Checkout/Children's Library and the front door. Chatted with three of the more mature library ladies as well as my son's reading instructor, and none of them seemed to be bothered with my sidearm as they didn't say a word about it.

TBG

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
They are jerking your chain DON`T TREAD ON ME and doing their best to ignore the issue.

garand_guy

Another uneventful trip to the Henderson Paseo Verde branch. Sat out between the Checkout/Children's Library and the front door. Chatted with three of the more mature library ladies as well as my son's reading instructor, and none of them seemed to be bothered with my sidearm as they didn't say a word about it.

TBG

Was your son reading an assault book?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Someone at the library is making 37 an hour? Maybe I should file a Nora request on all employees wages. Because that seems extreme. Sounds like a fabrication.

That's probably not the take-home. It includes everything the "employer" is paying for what is probably closer to a $15 wage...

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
They can't provide electronic copies? This stinks to high heaven. Let's just sue them and subpoena the documents. ...

I think they smell the lawsuit coming. This is why they all of a sudden found so many more documents...

That said, it was a broad request. But their stalling and misinformation is the point.

Last edited:

garand_guy

I say we start pressuring the library board to put it on the meeting agenda and discuss it in January. If they fail to take appropriate action to correct this infringement and violation of state law, then we organize a protest (not on a public board like this one) and surprise them one day with media in tow. Any party who wishes can then sue them.

Joe LeFors

I say we start pressuring the library board to put it on the meeting agenda and discuss it in January. If they fail to take appropriate action to correct this infringement and violation of state law, then we organize a protest (not on a public board like this one) and surprise them one day with media in tow. Any party who wishes can then sue them.

How do you do that and still get the word out so that more than 2 attend? I for one only log in if I have something to post.
Therefore I only knew of the Library Board Meeting and our attendance because it was posted here and on NS.
I NEVER log in just to see if I have any PM

Last edited: