• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry at library?

JoeSparky

Centurion
Seems to me that there could be an addition tort claimed by the good woman---- False Imprisonment! as she on her way out of the building and was prevented from leaving the premises by the security guard and the library employee who afterward then had the audacity to illegally trespass her for failing to leave when asked.
BTW--- They never asked her to leave but did prevent her from doing so!

Last edited:

garand_guy

Seems to me that there could be an addition tort claimed by the good woman---- False Imprisonment! as she on her way out of the building and was prevented from leaving the premises by the security guard and the library employee who afterward then had the audacity to illegally trespass her for failing to leave when asked.

She wasn't actually asked to leave. The library apparently forgot about that little detail.

The Big Guy

I'm hoping that not only the CC Library district is named, but the private security firm, and METRO. All are equally guilty.

TBG

solus

Thank you for all your patience. The story can now be told. As for the person involved, I don't know if she will comment publicly, but here are the full details of the library incident. And yes, I'm lazy and just pointing the link. I have leftover pork chops that need urgent attention.

Frontier Carry Blog

garand, if you are the author ob this article, why didn't you claim a by-line on both sites?

just saying...

ipse

Last edited:

garand_guy

garand, if you are the author ob this article, why didn't you claim a by-line on both sites?

just saying...

ipse

Garand Guy, the author? I'm not the author of anything other than my posts here. But I think that guy runs both websites. ;-)