• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry group in front of recruitment centers.

Lafayette

I hope that open carriers are aware that as soon as they are on scene, recruiters have to evacuate the recruiting station and that prevents people from being able to enlist.

twoskinsonemanns

I hope that open carriers are aware that as soon as they are on scene, recruiters have to evacuate the recruiting station and that prevents people from being able to enlist.

So there is at least some good that comes from it.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran

Huh?

Most Las Vegas, NV, recruitment stations have been manned outside for the last couple days. Most of the response from the recruiters has been extremely positive.

http://www.nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=63923

since9

Campaign Veteran
"The Army has warned its recruiters to treat the gun-toting civilians gathering at centers across the country in the wake of the Chattanooga, Tenn., shooting as a security threat.

Soldiers should avoid anyone standing outside the recruiting centers attempting to offer protection and report them to local law enforcement and the command if they feel threatened, according to a U.S. Army Recruiting Command policy letter issued Monday."

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/army-to-recruiters-treat-armed-citizens-as-security-threat-1.359134

Given the news I've heard through military channels, the general response by recruiters is "screw that."

This is clearly a case of certain higher-ups in the military reacting like communist turds rather than Americans holding to their sworn duty to support and defend the Constitution. Furthermore, the Stars and Stripes isn't exactly an American rag. Here's their disclaimer, required by the Department of Defense:

Stars and Stripes is a service of the Defense Media Activity; the views and opinions expressed do not reflect the views of the Department of Defense, the military services or the Defense Media Activity. Stars and Stripes is editorially independent of interference from outside its own editorial chain-of-command.

It's a liberal rage, and anyone who's read it while stationed overseas knows it as an uber-politically correct piece of junk. Those who want real news read the WSJ, Forbes, or Atlantic at the base library.

Lafayette

Huh?

Most Las Vegas, NV, recruitment stations have been manned outside for the last couple days. Most of the response from the recruiters has been extremely positive.

http://www.nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=63923

I was at a recruiting center a few days ago in VA and the word from the Navy recruiters was that they have to evacuate when any armed people stand outside the front, even if the armed people claim they are there to protect the center.

Ezek

I was at a recruiting center a few days ago in VA and the word from the Navy recruiters was that they have to evacuate when any armed people stand outside the front, even if the armed people claim they are there to protect the center.

the ND guy was a goof who needed to stay home. apparently, he never heard of "safe" position on a rifle, or keep your finger out of the damn trigger area when clearing. and if your clearing, your not doing your job guarding properly, IE he isn't there to show someone his sidearm and talk about it, he is there for a purpose and duty. so he should have shown some discipline and restraint and told them if they met at a range he would be happy to show them, otherwise they need to go to the local gun store and inquire there, as the weapons there won't be loaded and are more accessible to the working of them.

as to evacuate whenever an armed citizen is around, is just STUPID, open carry on the sidewalk is perfectly legal, and any OC open carry passerby would require them to evacuate then, for performing a LEGAL act. your navy recruiter is retarded.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran

I'm thinking someone was BS'ing in an attempt to enforce their own personal opinion to avoid wetting their panties on a regular basis. An order like that would have gone viral.

Dario

I'm thinking someone was BS'ing in an attempt to enforce their own personal opinion to avoid wetting their panties on a regular basis. An order like that would have gone viral.

Not to mention redundant if enough people were there to stand guard every day :lol:

sudden valley gunner

I find it ironic that the 2A was enumerated as to not have a standing army, and some folks exercise their 2A to protect the standing army. The leaders of the army don't want their protection.

Eeyore

"The Army has warned its recruiters to treat the gun-toting civilians gathering at centers across the country in the wake of the Chattanooga, Tenn., shooting as a security threat.

Soldiers should avoid anyone standing outside the recruiting centers attempting to offer protection and report them to local law enforcement and the command if they feel threatened, according to a U.S. Army Recruiting Command policy letter issued Monday."
http://www.stripes.com/news/us/army-to-recruiters-treat-armed-citizens-as-security-threat-1.359134

Assuming that S&S has quoted the Army policy correctly, the bold portion gives the recruiters plenty of discretion. If some moron has an ND in front of my workplace, yep, that's a threat (to himself and others), and I'd want him gone.