• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Idaho Report

OC Freedom

At various times their situation awareness is lacking.

I can't argue with that. All my trips to the mall and even passing mall security in the main halls and never a word said.
These mall security guys must have worked for the TSA before getting hired at the Boise mall.

carracer

Got up last Saturday morning for a day with my wonderful wife. Lots of events on the schedule. I with my best dressed 1911 and my wife with her LC380 went about town. Fred Meyers then to the Fall Home show at the Expo center in Boise. Visited lots of booths as we are starting planning on starting a cabin build this spring. From there we went to lunch at the new Sockeye on Fairview. Wonderful Salmon Tacos! Last stop was Barnes and Noble where the guy I sat next to by the magazines disappeared rather quickly. The next gentleman to sit by me seemed not to notice even tho he was on the strong side. I mentioned that he dropped his keys and made a little small talk.

All in all a great non-eventful open carry day!

OC Freedom

Got up last Saturday morning for a day with my wonderful wife. Lots of events on the schedule. I with my best dressed 1911 and my wife with her LC380 went about town. Fred Meyers then to the Fall Home show at the Expo center in Boise. Visited lots of booths as we are starting planning on starting a cabin build this spring. From there we went to lunch at the new Sockeye on Fairview. Wonderful Salmon Tacos! Last stop was Barnes and Noble where the guy I sat next to by the magazines disappeared rather quickly. The next gentleman to sit by me seemed not to notice even tho he was on the strong side. I mentioned that he dropped his keys and made a little small talk.

All in all a great non-eventful open carry day!

Dang it, I completely forgot about the home show. Idaho, when it comes to open carry, it is non-eventful.:)

OC Freedom

Winter weather has set in the Treasure Valley, so my open carry non-adventures will be back in March and then back to reporting absolutely nothing

carracer

Same here. My other obstacle is work. Can't OC at work so I carry in my Sneaky Pete. It's very comfortable and easy to put my belt thru the loops. Consequently I tend to wear it instead of my Serpa on weekends also. I find myself open carrying less as I'm just being lazy.

carracer

Saturday I went to the safe and pulled out my Colt Combat Commander and extra magazine. Inserted into my Serpa Blackhawk CQC and went shopping with my wonderful wife who was concealing her LC380 as backup. I was wearing a jacket, but, the end of the holster was exposed out the bottom about 2 inches. If someone was paying attention they would have known what it was. Went to Karcher Mall, Shopko and other places in Nampa and Boise. We went to Golden Corral in Nampa for dinner with the grandkids so did have to take off my jacket there. Spend about an hour there sampling the various entrees. Seems there selection isn't as good as friday nights. Will go back again sometime for their seafood nite. All in all a great day.

OC Freedom

Open carried into the new Papa Murphys pizza store on highway 69 in Meridian two times so far, no comments or reactions at all.

carracer

Heads up everyone! Permitless CC starts tomorrow! Prepare for shootouts and bloodbath in every Idaho town!

Yesterday went to Primary Health on the blvd in Nampa. Wife was getting her foot checked out. The doctor told her he appreciated my carrying. Then went to Casa Vida for some tacos. After dinner to Hastings for magazines and books. No eventful at either Casa Vida or Hastings.

All in all a nice day!

OC Freedom

I have been open carrying since late March when the weather improved. Have been carrying at all the usual places and some new ones for me. Open carried at the Boise library two different times with nothing said to me and the library security paid me no mind. The Meridian library many times with one teenager seeing my pistol, he had the look of panic in his eyes and headed for the exit almost on the run.

Open carried biking the Boise river greenbelt trail many times, received lots of looks, but nothing said.

Been to the Boise mall 5 times while open carrying and nothing was said to me even though others have been asked to leave in the past. No signs on any door and security seems to ignore me.

I have been thanked for carrying several times with no negative comments so far.

carracer

What better day to OC than 9/11. Put on my best dressed 1911 in my Serpa. Went to Boise to a park on the green belt by the Fire Dept practice tower for a grandson birthday picinic. Of the hundreds of people that went by none even glanced my direction. Back to Nampa and Walmart on 12th. Two little boys about 5 stared hard at my 1911. Parents didn't notice that I saw. Went other places, those were the highlights.

OC Freedom

No open carry at the Boise mall

On September 3rd, I was leaving the Boise mall when security came up to my rig and informed me that Open Carry was not allowed at the Mall. The security guard informed me to conceal it, he stated, "What the big Chicago corp. didn't know wouldn't hurt them."
I have been going to the mall Open Carrying many times every year with the wife and nothing was said. So last Saturday I went back to the mall and Open Carried all over with the wife, no one said anything at all. Tell me to leave today and I will be back tomorrow. Open Carry is not just a Constitutional right, "it's a D@mn CIVIL RIGHT." So no, I will not go to the back of the bus anymore!

Now ask me how I really feel about it:mad:

Jeff Hayes

Every time I open carry at the Maverick Gas Station in Hayden, a couple of times a week, the cashier calls me darlin, is it the Glock-20/1911 or me????

solus

Every time I open carry at the Maverick Gas Station in Hayden, a couple of times a week, the cashier calls me darlin, is it the Glock-20/1911 or me????

Sug, tis the manliness of that there wanna be colt 1911...:eek:

ipse

solus

I was afraid it was the Remington 1911, besides that the wife would probably not let me keep her.

quote: Among the areas of success for the Colt was a test at the end of 1910 attended by its designer, John Browning. Six thousand rounds were fired from a single pistol over the course of two days. When the gun began to grow hot, it was simply immersed in water to cool it. The Colt gun passed with no reported malfunctions, while the Savage designs had 37. Following its success in trials, the Colt pistol was formally adopted by the Army on March 29, 1911...unquote wiki m1911a.

hummm...yepper wanna be colt was proper grammar as stated!

ipse

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

quote: Among the areas of success for the Colt was a test at the end of 1910 attended by its designer, John Browning. Six thousand rounds were fired from a single pistol over the course of two days. When the gun began to grow hot, it was simply immersed in water to cool it. The Colt gun passed with no reported malfunctions, while the Savage designs had 37. Following its success in trials, the Colt pistol was formally adopted by the Army on March 29, 1911...unquote wiki m1911a.

hummm...yepper wanna be colt was proper grammar as stated!

ipse

I could not care less. If making decisions based n a 106 year old test seems like the right thing to do for you go for it meanwhile I will go about minding my own business and not yours.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I could not care less. If making decisions based n a 106 year old test seems like the right thing to do for you go for it meanwhile I will go about minding my own business and not yours.
Discussion about the background history is most relevant.

solus

wow, the MT environment has made you irritable...

let's recap...you wondered about looking at you or the GLOCK 1911 wanna be...

i pointed out it was the wanna be colt in reference to the fine linage of the firearm whose exemplarary attributes are copied today by lesser quality manufacturers, w/o success!

you responded Remington 1911

i just provided a reference of who the manufactuer actually was & one small example why the firearm was chosen for our armed services...

is history isn't important, all history,i guess we should quit fussing over the true meaning of the founding fathers documents and you should believe what your told about a lot of things by todays leaders.

ipse