• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry in the news

Law abider

"When law abiding citizens are carrying, the crime rate is lower."

Not to a progressive living constitutional modern liberal.

"We're not trying to rub it in anyone's face

The best liberal rub into face is the second amendment rub for the fish fry. Highly aromatic foll of flavor and satisfying for the constitutionalist, a stinker for a liberal.

Good for them. I wonder if anti gunners will visit just to create trouble for them.

DeSchaine

An interesting twist to the OP info, apparently the Sea Bears decided to move into Union Station in Ogden, which promptly banned open carry in the facility, effectively taking away that unique allure of the Sea Bears.

http://www.standard.net/Food/2016/0...to-be-allowed-in-Sea-Bears-Union-Station.html

However, somewhat proactive city attorney Gary Williams decided he’d “better go look at the sign.” The signs then came down.

http://www.standard.net/Government/...n-station-open-carry-guns-ogden-city-attorney

solus

An interesting twist to the OP info, apparently the Sea Bears decided to move into Union Station in Ogden, which promptly banned open carry in the facility, effectively taking away that unique allure of the Sea Bears.

http://www.standard.net/Food/2016/0...to-be-allowed-in-Sea-Bears-Union-Station.html

However, somewhat proactive city attorney Gary Williams decided he’d “better go look at the sign.” The signs then came down.

http://www.standard.net/Government/...n-station-open-carry-guns-ogden-city-attorney

article quote: The whole gun thing, it was a concern because we know it’s very divisive,” Charles Trentelman, secretary of the Union Station Foundation unquote

only reason it is divisive is cuz they are stuck on stupid, listening to agitators and believing their rhetoric...sigh...

glad they worked out an apparent compromise put in their contract...

btw, foto of kilt w/iwb holster nice touch.

ipse

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Charles Trentelman, secretary of the Union Station Foundation, knew of the city attorney’s decision, but says he hopes Sea Bears will still opt to avoid open-carry.
“All I can tell you is that we would prefer people not open-carry,” Trentelman said. “But if we can’t tell them they can’t, I guess we won’t tell them.”
Trentelman said he’s heard from members of the community who say not only will they avoid Sea Bears, but they’ll avoid “the whole place.” He said that puts Union Station in a difficult position.
“We want to be welcoming and open to the entire town,” he said. “... For me, it’s just a matter of ‘Don’t scare our customers away!’ We’re a gun museum — we’re not against the Second Amendment.”
If people want to express their belief in the right to bear arms, Trentelman said he hopes they’ll at least be sensitive to the fact that some people are frightened by their open display.

The Union Station Foundation is openly promoting their religious beliefs; Union Station is closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. This is prejudicial to all atheists.

Please don't exercise your rights out in the open, it just may offend someone.