• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Luncheon - Tucson - October 1, 2011

azcdlfred

I'll do my best to be there.
Thanks Malcolm!

All reservations have to be made by September 25th. Because we have to order the meals in advance we cannot accept "walk-ins" on October 1st.

You can save money if you join or renew at a gun show.
The online prices for the annual meeting are $30 (one ticket) and $50 (two tickets).
At a gun show, it's $25 for one ticket and $40 for two tickets - but you already paid about $10 to get into the gun shows.

Luncheon tickets automatically come with new and renewed memberships

Fred

azcdlfred

Well I just renewed my sustaining membership so does that mean I can eat 2x as much?
Yep - it's an all you can eat BBQ :lol:

I spotted your renewal when I checked my email this morning.

Your Sustaining Annual Membership means I'm sending you TWO free luncheon tickets and your free AzCDL t-shirt.

I'll get the annual meeting tickets out to you in the next couple of days.

Thanks (and congratulations) on renewing your membership! :monkey

Fred

sharkey

Front Sight Diamond Life Membership

I know I'm being greedy but does that diamond membership include the guns, rolex and birthday party?

ETA Not that I could afford the taxes on such a generous prize. :(

Last edited:

azcdlfred

I know I'm being greedy but does that diamond membership include the guns, rolex and birthday party?
We wish :)

No guns or gear came with this one. Just "all you can eat" for any course they have.

ETA Not that I could afford the taxes on such a generous prize.
Not to worry. We picked it up at a nice discount.

Other door prizes include a Ruger LC9, a Front Sight Course certificate (4 day pistol class) and a smaller membership deal. At the moment, luncheon ticket holders have about a 1 in 75 chance of winning something at our annual meeting. Factor in our two raffles (Ruger LCR and Springfield XD) that will also be drawn at the annual meeting and it would be hard not to win something.

See you there!
Fred

Sonora Rebel

From the 'guy wearin' the .45 cross draw rig'(as was announced)... Maybe we'll get that 'granted the privilege' wording out of the AZ CWP? The pols at the table were bobbing their heads 'yes' as soon as I mentioned it.... along withe the AZ Constitution (Sec 2 Art 26). We won the auction for the Taurus PT 145(.45acp 6 mags, gun case and the holster) too. : ) Good crowd... looked to be over 400 people there... 'n looked like close to half of 'em women. I agree the next 'dinner' should be downtown and much more 'visible'.

Last edited:
From the 'guy wearin' the .45 cross draw rig'(as was announced)... Maybe we'll get that 'granted the privilege' wording out of the AZ CWP? The pols at the table were bobbing their heads 'yes' as soon as I mentioned it.... along withe the AZ Constitution (Sec 2 Art 26). We won the auction for the Taurus PT 145(.45acp 6 mags, gun case and the holster) too. : ) Good crowd... looked to be over 400 people there... 'n looked like close to half of 'em women. I agree the next 'dinner' should be downtown and much more 'visible'.

SR:

If you have no use for that PT 145, I know someone who could use it!! :)

sharkey

I'm slow. I finally joined.

Wish me luck on the raffle ;) I didn't see any difference between the white ticket and the yellow other than the color. Did I miss something?

1 Family Membership, T-Shirt1: XL, T-Shirt2: XL 80.00 80.00
1 Raffle Ticket - Springfield XDM Competition Pistol (White Ticket) 10.00 10.00
1 Raffle Ticket - Springfield XDM Competition Pistol (Yellow Ticket) 10.00 10.00

GWbiker

I'm slow. I finally joined.

Wish me luck on the raffle ;) I didn't see any difference between the white ticket and the yellow other than the color. Did I miss something?

1 Family Membership, T-Shirt1: XL, T-Shirt2: XL 80.00 80.00
1 Raffle Ticket - Springfield XDM Competition Pistol (White Ticket) 10.00 10.00
1 Raffle Ticket - Springfield XDM Competition Pistol (Yellow Ticket) 10.00 10.00

Thanks for joining AZCDL..............and good luck with the raffle tickets.

azcdlfred

I didn't see any difference between the white ticket and the yellow other than the color. Did I miss something?
Congratulations on joining AzCDL! I just printed out your incoming sales receipt. With the legislation session going on, I'm in the proverbial swamp up to my ass in alligators. With all the gun shows plus the legislative session, turnaround time on membership cards is about 4-6 weeks.

Regarding the raffle tickets. Originally we purchased two of the XDM Competition pistols, printed 500 "white" tickets and announced the raffle. They started selling like hotcakes. Seeing that there was lots of interest, we bought another pair of XDM Competition pistols and printed another set of 500 tickets, this time yellow in color. Each ticket represents two chances to win a pistol regardless of color.

For those reading this the first time, you can buy the tickets at AzCDL's online store. We're almost sold out of the white tickets, so I recommend buying the yellow tickets. These raffles are fund raisers for AzCDL. Instead of inundating you with "the sky is falling send money" emails and letters, we sell raffle tickets for great guns. It helps pay the bills, so please spread the word about our raffles.

Also for those lucky enought to read this thread, I just posted AzCDL's February 2012 newsletter at our website. It'll be a couple of days before I get the Alert out.

azcdlfred

Just joined the AZCDL. I am curious if there is a luncheon scheduled for this year yet? Thanks, Adrian
We're working on it. This year it will be in Phoenix. Targeting October 6, 2012.

Because we're bringing in crowds of over 400, and expect an even larger group this year, we're looking at new venues.

We'll probably start announcing it in July.

Fred

sharkey

We're working on it. This year it will be in Phoenix. Targeting October 6, 2012.

Because we're bringing in crowds of over 400, and expect an even larger group this year, we're looking at new venues.

We'll probably start announcing it in July.

Fred

Phoenix, Yeah! :banana:

Dahwg

Oh my. I just realized I never renewed my membership. I've been a sustaining member for three years running and I missed a year! What was I thinking? :( Maybe I should just become a life member and not have to worry about forgetting again! Dagnabit!