• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry protest in N.J

press1280

imported post

Unless you have deep pockets and are willing to be arrested, I wouldn't do it. The thing about NJ is EVERYTHING firearm related is assumed illegal, but, with certain exceptions.

You may have heard about the Utah guy traveling through Newark airport getting thrown in jail for a week, handgun taken and never returned, and subsequently released with no charges(he was compliant with FOPA regulations). Not to mention that same NY/NJ Port Authority has arrested dozens of individuals traveling(under FOPA) with firearms. They think they don't have to follow federal laws.

There's MANY more incidents of NJ gun law insanity. Unless it's clearly stated in their laws, trying to find a loophole will put you in a world of hurt.

If you want CCW in NJ there are several cases on the heels of McDonald that can help do that. It's only a matter of time.

DEROS72

imported post

Wow get out of NJ....

Here in Wa. we still have it pretty good......We have to keep our rights people or we will end up like the U.K.

Starbucks this morning...inside the local Safeway..

DEROS72

imported post

And in the bank..It should be this way everywhere or we fight to take it back..

DEROS72

imported post

Whoops ...sorry for the double.

And in the bank..It should be this way everywhere or we fight to take it back..

eric55

imported post

DEROS72 is that you in the picture? i love washington i spent a month there last month, (Seattle has way to many wacho's)

DEROS72

imported post

That is indeed yours truely

I have been reading what David says has happened in the U.K. and it scares the s..t out of me.We still have it pretty good here and and need to rally the tropps so to speak and make sure these people understand our rights will no be comprimised and any way.....I posted some pics on the U'K board to show them what we still have .

A little shopping today..

eric55

imported post

whats kind of gun are you carrying? all the power to you for carrying a full size man gun!

DEROS72

DEROS72

imported post

I probaly have shown you all this before .The only reason I do it isto encourage all of us we have to let people like Bloomberg etc thatthey will not have the say in this.G.d dam..t is is our right as citizens and garanteed by the Constitution of the United States.Garanteed to protect us from people like that.

On the steps of the capital in Olympia

DEROS72

imported post

If we band together nationally littrally hundreds of thousands do they think they will disarm us....Good luck with that!

Downtown Seattle police here for the most part have no issues and as far as I am concerned as long as they leave me alone and others then there will remain no issues.

eric55

imported post

God bless you, as you can see from the title of this thread i'm trying what ever i can to do my part in changing this states anti gun sentiments, i talk to people all the time i bring people who have never held a gun before to the range, on me. and they end up liking it quite much. writing to our elected officials has proven to be a waste of time.
Happy new year

Bubba Ron

imported post

Here's a link to an ABC News Nightline videofrom our VCDL picnic in Newport News, Virginia back in July 2008. The producer, cameraman and reporter were with us ALL day - we didn't know what the outcome would look like, but they did a pretty good job:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmZic2VFGyI&feature=player_embedded

We routinely have open carry dining outs in the Tidewater area, if you're ever in the area, please look us up!!

DEROS72

imported post

I saw that.Awesome job getting the coverage.Thats what gave me the idea to get news involved.So far we have had TV and 4 of our events this year.As a matter of fact we are having a large gatheringtomorrow in Everett.

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Hold your Open Carry protest in Pennsylvania, just over the border from New Jersey! One inch, one foot, doesn't matter. Complete with signage. When the newspeople arrive, point out the difference one foot makes between being a free person and a subject of the State. In Pennsylvania it's legal; in New Jersey it's a felony. Easton (Pennsylvania) has a bridge crossing the river to Phillipsburg (New Jersey). There should be a sign halfway across marking the border. Take advantage of it.

Here's a picture from Pennsylvania's Second Amendment Second to None Rally held in front of the capitol building in Harrisburg. Yes, the firearms are loaded. Yes, the police provided storage facilities for all when entering the building.

capitol1.jpg

DEROS72

imported post

Here is an open carry dinner we had today in Everett Wa....We had about 40.The guy on the right side with the sort of plaid shirt just moved here from Jersey because of the strict laws..

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

DEROS72

imported post

Wanted to show you in Wa.there was an attempted assault weapons ban by a couple of liberal legislators. If everyone bans together you will win300showed up at the state house and only 14 were in favor of the gun ban bill.We open carried in the state house in the senate hearing room.When a couple of anti gun folks told police to have us disarmed they refused and said it is within their rights.Keep up the pressure and ban together on this.It should be a right of every U.S.citizen.....

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m1d29-Fear-and-hostility-toward-open-carry-in-Olympia

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/y8db2xe
DSCI1867.jpg

nj12ga

imported post

here in nj ,there is a culture of fear about guns and would probably take a generation or 2 to change it.....the state is populated with people from around the world and city folks...40 yrs ago it was a different place..gang violence is on the rise...stricter gun laws embolden the bad guys..it can take upto 6 months just to get a permit to buy a gun here...the bad guys can get one at the drop of a hat...even if you walked around with an empty holster; the cops would swoop down on you like, flies on a cow pie.....that alone may result in a denial of a purchase permit...if thechief of police dosn't feel like issuing you one, your s.o.l for good.....no matter how clean you are......