• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Video

Primus

Shall issue? Thats accepting that permits are Constitutional, which they are not. Yes, I am aware judges have said otherwise but those rulings are a violation against the Constitution and cannot rightfully be made, therefore they are void. All 50 states are Constitutional carry regardless of judge, LEO, AG, SCOTUS or any other person or entity and this fact should be defended with everything we have else we've already lost through compromise. I bet even here on this thread there is nobody who will agree to this. I'd love to be wrong though.

No one agrees because everyone else lives in reality.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

rightwinglibertarian

No one agrees because everyone else lives in reality.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

aah... the reality LEOs try to claim is so. Except that LEOs are allowed to lie and frequently do. The reality is any cop that enforces an unconstitutional law violates his oath and should be prosecuted for it. We the people control LEOs who are public servants and we dictate to the government what we demand. Those who do not are simply sheep that are part of the problem

papa bear

WW, you must understand the incredible uphill, almost Sisyphus-like battle that is taking place in Maryland, as evidenced by the Woollard* case. As a May Issue state, it is almost impossible to obtain a concealed carry permit. In the Woollard court proceedings, the AG testified that Maryland didn't need to liberalize their concealed carry law because Marylanders had the right to open carry long guns, which is what the video is trying to exemplify. In reality, no urban Maryland LEO will allow anyone to openly carry a rifle or shotgun.

Mike was taking the step-wise approach to at least get the concealed carry law changed from May Issue to Shall Issue by getting rid of the "good and substantial reason" requirement.

Please do not denigrate Mike's efforts and that of Maryland Shall Issue by characterizing either as not working toward the recognition of full 2A rights for all of its citizens.

*See http://www.cato.org/publications/legal-briefs/woollard-v-gallagher

Mary land, just another place i wouldn't go

twoskinsonemanns

Shall issue? Thats accepting that permits are Constitutional, which they are not. Yes, I am aware judges have said otherwise but those rulings are a violation against the Constitution and cannot rightfully be made, therefore they are void. All 50 states are Constitutional carry regardless of judge, LEO, AG, SCOTUS or any other person or entity and this fact should be defended with everything we have else we've already lost through compromise. I bet even here on this thread there is nobody who will agree to this. I'd love to be wrong though.

Well MD has a may-issue system right now. Or more honestly won't-issue-unless-your-connected system.
Our rights have been taken incrementally. I will not condemn any organization trying to make even small progress in the right direction.
I firmly believe having to have a concealed license to carry concealed is wrong. I do believe, however, that getting the law changed to SHALL issue is a step in the right direction.
It would undoubtedly put guns back into the hands of thousands of good citizens who are not allowed to carry protection for themselves and families.