• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oregon CHL's October 25/26th

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Sheriff Dickerson of Columbia County Oregon will be back October 25/26th at the Puyallup fair grounds WAC show to issue Oregon Concealed Handgun Licenses to Washington residents (both Saturday & Sunday).

CHL cost is $75 and includes fingerprints and photo. ($65 plus $10 admin fee). does not include show entry fee.

Sheriff Dickerson will accept the Washington DC Metro Police Firearms Safety Training Course and the best part ....The online training is FREE ...
You must have your Washington CPL to get an Oregon CHL. The personal reference forms can be filled out by any 2 people who know you, except family members (of the same last name...)

You can use the Oregon CHL to get your Arizona concealed permit. (Former military can use their DD-214 for Arizona). While you may have a NRA course that "may" be accepted per Oregon be aware that getting a CHL from a Oregon Sheriff as a Washington resident is "May Issue." Not all Sheriff's accept all training, I suggest you use what is accepted.

Please bring your forms filled out and completed to the show to expedite the process. However you can start the process at the show and mail in the remaining items.

all of the forms and info are in links on the following website
www.washingtongunrights.com/ccso