• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

people in Britain seized under the ... "no-evidence-needed" European Arrest Warrant

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
people in Britain seized under the ... "no-evidence-needed" European Arrest Warrant

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/7958202/Surge-in-Britons-exported-for-trial.html
EXCERPT said:
It comes as the case of Christopher Tappin, a suburban golf club captain accused of arms smuggling, sparked separate controversy about "unbalanced" extradition arrangements with the US.
First they came for the Brits, but I was not one. Then they came for the arms dealers, but I was not one. Then they came for the armed resistant citizens and there was no one for me.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
The article points out that the Brits also send the warrants to other countries.

This is what comes of trading sovereignty without demanding stringent rights protections--meaning rights protections that have teeth.

If there is ever a plebescite (a national referendum) in this country about joining a North American Union or some such, there had better first be thorough rights protections with heavy penalties against state violators.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
If there is ever a plebescite (a national referendum) in this country about joining a North American Union or some such...

Then there will be descended upon our nation's capital a league of many tens of millions of us who have sworn to uphold and defend our Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, to hold our nation's leaders accountable for the oaths they swore comemnurate with the laws of our land.

I think a lot of people tend to forget about the "and domestic" portion of the oath to which most members of our armed forces have, and remain sworn.

I also think most people tend to forget that just because many of us are no longer in the service, that in no way renders invoiolate the oath we swore.