• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

People in New Bern or Havelock?

give_me_a_glock

I was curious how many people on here live in either Havelock or New Bern, NC. I know Bearfoot said he lives in New Bern. It'd be cool to meet up at the range or something one day.

Last edited:

Bearfoot

Seen several people around the area open carrying. Only know of one other in the local area that knows of the website.

ron73440

I OC all the time in that area, haven't seen anyone else out and about. I will be out of town the next two weeks, but could possibly meet after that.

give_me_a_glock

Haha! I just realized my typo. Stupid autocorrect! I went to B & R Range 2 days ago and it had a sign that said they were closed due to plumbing maintenence. That ruined my afternoon. Do either of you regularly go to the McDonald's in Havelock by walmart? I'm curious because I work there and constantly see a man open carrying a glock 22.

ron73440

Haha! I just realized my typo. Stupid autocorrect! I went to B & R Range 2 days ago and it had a sign that said they were closed due to plumbing maintenence. That ruined my afternoon. Do either of you regularly go to the McDonald's in Havelock by walmart? I'm curious because I work there and constantly see a man open carrying a glock 22.

Wasn't me in your MCD's, but I do go to B&R about once a month.

Aaryq

Is there still talk of a meet-up? I don't spend much time on this forum but I don't see anyone open carrying in Havelock...then again, I just moved off base and usually just stayed inside of my house there rather than going out in public.

Has anyone run into any issues with OC'ing out here?

ron73440

Is there still talk of a meet-up? I don't spend much time on this forum but I don't see anyone open carrying in Havelock...then again, I just moved off base and usually just stayed inside of my house there rather than going out in public.

Has anyone run into any issues with OC'ing out here?

I'm open for a meet, I go to New Bern more than Havelock, but have had no real issues in either place.

Aaryq

Any idea on OC in relation to schools? I live less than a half mile from a school (just moved in). I know it's legal to carry on my property but if I'm out walking my dog or whatnot, would I be in the wrong because the first intersection is well inside the 1000' limit?

give_me_a_glock

I'm open to meeting in either Havelock or New Bern. I think Havelock would be better in my opinion, considering there are not any ranges in New Bern. What's a friendly restaurant in town where we could meet?

Aaryq

I'm open to meeting in either Havelock or New Bern. I think Havelock would be better in my opinion, considering there are not any ranges in New Bern. What's a friendly restaurant in town where we could meet?

Lived on base until about a week ago and as a result didn't carry much. So I can't offer a place but it would have to be some time after the 15th of August when I get paid.

ron73440

Lived on base until about a week ago and as a result didn't carry much. So I can't offer a place but it would have to be some time after the 15th of August when I get paid.

I usually go to New Bern to eat, but I know the Smithfield's in New Bern has no issues with OC so I can't imagine the one in Havelock would care.

Or, maybe the Texas BBQ place, if I get a chance I'll stop in and ask.

papa bear

Any idea on OC in relation to schools? I live less than a half mile from a school (just moved in). I know it's legal to carry on my property but if I'm out walking my dog or whatnot, would I be in the wrong because the first intersection is well inside the 1000' limit?

you should probably post this in it's own thread and maybe a different forum. BTW welcome

as for the meet up "if you will have it they will come". even if you are the only one for a while it will get better

bc.cruiser

you should probably post this in it's own thread and maybe a different forum. BTW welcome

as for the meet up "if you will have it they will come". even if you are the only one for a while it will get better

Don't know why you should go to a different forum, but maybe start a thread "Havelock area meet-up". There are a number of folks I know of that frequent the China Inn near the WalMart.

papa bear

Don't know why you should go to a different forum, but maybe start a thread "Havelock area meet-up". There are a number of folks I know of that frequent the China Inn near the WalMart.

you maybe right about the forum. but i will stay with a new thread for school carry

look at the post i quoted

solus

papabear believes the NC Gun owner's forum has a nicer environment and is GRNC friendly...

ipse