• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pima county sheriff demands ID

Baked on Grease

I certainly hope that guys has a lawsuit in the works. Much of that was certainly uncalled for. They were free to leave, then not free to leave. Then physically assaulted and searched without true RAS, vehicle (possibly) searched or at least was about to until the officer remembered the camera on him. ID demanded under color of law, firearm seized (and probably searched serial #) assaulted a second time by a second officer. Officers refused to ID when requested....

Man I hope this guys goes after them... I half expected them to light them up with blue lights as soon as they tried to drive off at the end and pull them over, then demand ID a second time.

Super Saiyan

I don't know the details of what occured prior to the start of the video, but it seems to me like the cops were bored and on a fishing expedition. ARS 13-2412 states that a person is required to produce their full name to the police if they are lawfully detained and the cops feel that they have reasonable suspicion that a crime was committed, is being committed, or will be committed. In other words, we're talking about a huge gray area where virtually anything can be used to add up to "reasonable suspicion," kind of like disorderly conduct...

TyGuy

I think the clincher for these gentlemen is that the first cop said they were free to go. Obviously he had no RAS that a crime had been or was about to be committed. The 2nd cop didn't have any special information therefore his "request" didn't need to be heeded.

Super Saiyan

I think the clincher for these gentlemen is that the first cop said they were free to go. Obviously he had no RAS that a crime had been or was about to be committed. The 2nd cop didn't have any special information therefore his "request" didn't need to be heeded.

Indeed.