• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pre-emption

DooFster

I apologize for sounding like an idiot but what exactly does this bill entail? I'm not very good with understanding how these laws are written...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk 2

The Big Guy

I apologize for sounding like an idiot but what exactly does this bill entail? I'm not very good with understanding how these laws are written...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk 2

If passed, what this bill will do is make the firearms laws equal in all parts of the state. Clark County, Las Vegas and N. Las Vegas will have to live with the same rules as the rest of the state. The obstacle, Billy Horne.

I understand there are already several co-sponsers to the bill.

TBG

Last edited:

brettf22raptor

If passed, what this bill will do is make the firearms laws equal in all parts of the state. Clark County, Las Vegas and N. Las Vegas will have to live with the same rules as the rest of the state. The obstacle, Billy Horne.

TBG

Guess we should all call our local representative and ask them to support the bill eh? Sounds like it's actually a good thing!

DooFster

TBG

Thanks for clarifying, TBG...

varminter22

No, Horne got re-elected. He is not term limited out yet.

However, Horne will chair another committee in 2013. Asm Jason Frierson will chair the Jud Cmte. (According to the official legislature website.)

aadvark

To ALL Whom are Concerned:

It may also be Viable to Include a Provision in that Bill Draft that Allows a Person to Recover from a City or County: ALL Court Costs, ALL Attorney Fees, and Compensatory and Punitive Damages; as a Result of a City or County Violating The States' Firearm Preemption Declaration.

The States of: Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, and Oklahoma have done this.

aadvark

The Big Guy

To ALL Whom are Concerned:

It may also be Viable to Include a Provision in that Bill Draft that Allows a Person to Recover from a City or County: ALL Court Costs, ALL Attorney Fees, and Compensatory and Punitive Damages; as a Result of a City or County Violating The States' Firearm Preemption Declaration.

The States of: Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, and Oklahoma have done this.

aadvark

I have not read the bill but it was my understanding that similar language was to be included. I think actually a fine for officials that violate the law as in FL. I hope so. Varminter can probably tell us.

TBG