• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pro-Gun Movies

M

McX

imported post

Did anyone mention Independance Day: Don't shoot at the alien ship, you might piss them off. Ofcourse the classics like all of the Death Wishes. I miss the real movies, where the actors had to act, not rely on special effects. I get a kick out of everyone presuming that if something lands here, they're going to be friendly, and just hand over their technology to us. The dinosaurs are extinct why? Because they tasted good. What if we taste good? For me it would be "welcome to the planet Earth- I draw my weapon, then say, keep ALL them arms where I can see them. I won't welcome them unless they eat criminals and pee gasoline.

Tomahawk

imported post

V.

Not "V for Vendetta", but the ABC miniseries "V", which involved armed resistance to alien invaders.

ABC has remade V and it debuted the other night; we'll see if it's as pro-gun as the 1983 version.

Overtaxed

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
V.

Not "V for Vendetta", but the ABC miniseries "V", which involved armed resistance to alien invaders.

ABC has remade V and it debuted the other night; we'll see if it's as pro-gun as the 1983 version.

Probably not... what probably helped give the original "V" a nice dash of extra pro-gun/anti-authoritarian flavor were some early scenes in which a Central American resistance fighter bravely faces down a strafing enemy chopper - with a 1911 pistol, no less.
The scene is paralleled toward the end of the first miniseries, in which an Earth resistance fighter faces down a strafing Visitor craft - with a similar pistol, if memory serves.

M

McX

imported post

Hey guys, I was wondering. I realize this may be a side topic, but it sorta relates to a broader range of our discussions here; Pro-gun in the media: Back in the day Playboy Magazine used to do lengthy articles on "hot topics" of the day. I remember a lengthy article on Florida's Concealed Carry (rights and laws), and discussions of the social ramifications of it. Based on the theory Playboy is still around, have they done any articles on Open Carry that anyone has seen?

Overtaxed

imported post

McX wrote:
Hey guys, I was wondering. I realize this may be a side topic, but it sorta relates to a broader range of our discussions here; Pro-gun in the media: Back in the day Playboy Magazine used to do lengthy articles on "hot topics" of the day. I remember a lengthy article on Florida's Concealed Carry (rights and laws), and discussions of the social ramifications of it. Based on the theory Playboy is still around, have they done any articles on Open Carry that anyone has seen?

Can't say for sure... I'm about the only one that "doesn't read it for the articles."

M

McX

imported post

10-4 Overtaxed. I also wondered if OC ever hit into Time magazine, or World Report, maybe the Wall Street Journal?

M

McX

imported post

truckin.jpg
Let us not forget the Truckin Dude. He was obviously laid back, and smiling because he was carrying.

M

McX

imported post

Cloverfield seemed pretty pro- gun. Not that the weapons helped much against the big uglies, but the little prancers could be brought down. Government covered the whole thing up- saw that one coming.

Saw one of those ALien vs Predator movies where the government suckers everyone in town to go to the center of town, and make a last stand. Then nukes them. Loved the part where the chick in the crowd remarks to the other: We can trust the government, they will protect us. Right before they got nuked.

District 9 was a shocker; Herd creatures together, force them to live in poverty, deprive them of their rights, deprive them of their weapons and technology. Sounds like what they're doing to the OC-ers these days.

I think one of the airplane movies was pro-gun; Terrorist stands up on a plane to announce he's going to sieze it, and everyone one there pulls a weapon on him.

For awhile now, when we get bored, we've been debating: AK vs T-Rex. Could it bring him down?

hopnpop

imported post

McX wrote:
For awhile now, when we get bored, we've been debating: AK vs T-Rex. Could it bring him down?
Funny, this came up in conversation with my wife just the other day. Me thinks NOT. I think it would require a HUGE pile of loaded mags - hundreds and hundreds of rounds, I would think. Amusing thought.... who knows what kind of penetration or lack of penetration would exist...

M

McX

imported post

Yeah, we also came to the conclusion; The beast would be too stupid to know he was hit, and would just continue to charge, unless you got lucky, and hit something vital, you'd still get eaten.

M

McX

imported post

We also came to the conclusions; The big ones you would hear coming, and on your side you would have cover, and agility. But the little ones would gang up on you, and chomp you to bits when you ran out of ammo. You ever notice how during that period everything came with big teeth, and small brains, no matter what their size?

M

McX

imported post

I used to work for a defense contractor years ago, out of state; Some areas were deemed radioactive, and you had to go in wearing the suit, self contained breather, foot protection, the whole nine. In these areas we'd see animal tracks. We used to joke about a "super-rat" coming out of there. Gotta figure though, with all the toxic crap were dumping around on this planet. Only a matter of time before something mutates, advances, and comes out looking for a plentiful food source: Us!

Mini14

imported post

Stagger load your magazines-one ball round to one sp. Use 7.62x39mm, not .223 or 5.45mm. Aim for the head and neck-neurologic, circulation, breathing. Let rip.

The raptors following would go for the dead T-Rex, reload and flee the zone.

M

McX

imported post

Ok guys. Trucked on down to the movie store. I got: The Boondock Saints- highly recommended by the forum here. Cloverfield- watch it again, in the mood for uglies, and a government coverup. The Day The Earth Stopped- probably a B movie, but pickins were slim. Got free soda and candy for renting though. Now I'm off to movieland on the couch.

M

McX

imported post

Some good movies were watched this weekend. Boondock Saints- Alot of action, and an interesting concept. Gives new meaning to taking a bite out of crime.

The Day the Eath Stopped- sucked.

Cloverfield; Watched it again. Got a headache from all the camera jiggling. But it did give rise to theories: Figure the military will clean up above ground. Whack, and haul off the big uglies. Civil authorities would rebuild the damage. But how to handle the little snappers in the sub-way system? Bet they would site budgetary constraints, and dump it down onto the Transit Authority. So all the sudden you'd see signs at underground entrances saying: Subway Patrons: Open Carry of a firearm required beyond this point. Follow these guidelines: Stay in well lit areas. Remain in groups. Carry extra reload capacity, at least level 2 preparedness. Do not carry food items. Report any creature exterminations using the call boxes on each rider platform. Thank you for helping your Transit Authority remove the "bugs" from it's system. We'd finally get our day!

ANother movie to mention for discussion: BattleStar Galactica, not the lame 80's version. The Sci-Fi one.

I can see I have to back over our thread here, and pick up more movies to watch. Gotta catch up!

M

McX

imported post

Gotta admit guys; It would be hilarious to be standing on one of the platforms, and watch a train go whizzing by, with a handful of the little snappers scramling after it, and hear gunfire erupting from each successive platform they pass.

UtahJarhead

imported post

McX wrote:
Gotta admit guys; It would be hilarious to be standing on one of the platforms, and watch a train go whizzing by, with a handful of the little snappers scramling after it, and hear gunfire erupting from each successive platform they pass.
Which movie is this? You guys are INCREDIBLE for populating a Netflix queue. ;)

Tomahawk

imported post

McX wrote:
ANother movie to mention for discussion: BattleStar Galactica, not the lame 80's version. The Sci-Fi one.
Not really pro-gun. Nor anti-gun. No mention is ever made of private arms in the show, AFAIK, having watched the whole thing.

Although there was a band of guerillas fighting the Cylon occupation, and they were presumably equipped with some private arms, or with scavanged police weapons, these guerillas were mostly unarmed when the attack came; the leader was a sports hero.