• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"pro-gun myths fact check".... Have fun with this one guys.

The Truth

"Here, law abiding citizen, jump through these hoops so we can keep people who do not jump through hoops from jumping through these hoops."

Another article painting all gun owners as law breaking scum.

I'm not even going to dignify this rubbish with a rebuttal.

davidmcbeth

Banned
sounds like people who don't own guns are being shot by criminals....sounds like a case for more households to get guns...

ODAAT

From the article: "Fact-check: Mass shootings stopped by armed civilians in the past 30 years: 0"

Because gun-free zones. Asshat article.

lockman

State Researcher
When you cite statistics about preventing mass shootings it kind of reminds me of a time travel paradox.

If you in anyway prevent a mass shooting, then the mass shooting never takes place and therefore is not counted in the statistics about mass shootings.

fjpro2a

Succinct!!

When you cite statistics about preventing mass shootings it kind of reminds me of a time travel paradox.

If you in anyway prevent a mass shooting, then the mass shooting never takes place and therefore is not counted in the statistics about mass shootings.

Can't be explained any better than this.

davidmcbeth

Banned

This makes too much sense. arrrrrrrggggg!

END_THE_FED

How long have you been reading Mother Jones?

Do you always answer questions with another question?

To answer your question other than the link the OP posted I don't recall reading anything from Mother Jones, I may have read another article or two but I certainty have not read anything often enough to be at all familiar with them.

I ask again, what does marijuana and NORML have to do with the article?

Freedom1Man

Myth #4: More good guys with guns can stop rampaging bad guys.
Fact-check: Mass shootings stopped by armed civilians in the past 30 years: 0
• Chances that a shooting at an ER involves guns taken from guards: 1 in 5

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/2014/07/24/12405148/
http://blog.uritraining.com/?p=88

Wow that took me 2 minutes to rebut.

1 The killing of a felon, during the commission of a felony, by a private citizen.

The article only addressed FELONS being KILLED while committing a crime.

What about all the crimes that are not reported or the criminals are not killed?

That whole article is BS.

Last edited: