• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Proposed Anti-Gun Legislation

langzaiguy

Just came across this article today:
http://www.lex18.com/news/lawmakers-proposing-measure-to-reduce-gun-violence/

I don't think the bill has left committee yet, and don't know if it will. I don't think it has much chance of passing the House or any chance of passing the Senate. Nevertheless, let's make sure our legislators do not become complacent. Call, write, and or email your opposition to this legislation--especially if you are in Marzian (Louisville) or Stein's (Lexington) district.

Tmhrr

Here is the Courier Journal version out of louisville, The article gives me the impression that a few anti gun legislators put on a Diane Finestine style event with about 50 supporters present at the state capitol today, I didn't say anything about any bills actually being introdused yet, just an anouncement made at the capitol of what they want to do.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20130207/NEWS0101/302070042/1001/rsslink

self preservation

Looks like KY being the land of the free is about to come to an end. "In addition to licensing and registration, the bill would allow local governments and Kentucky State Police to regulate firearms." So long 65.870. What's legal in this county may be a felony in the next.

Last edited:

CharleyCherokee

What a ridiculous article and what ridiculous proposed legislation. I will need to get in touch with my state representatives. :D

Tmhrr

Why especially if you're in this district?

If you are in their district, their names will be on your next ballot when you vote. not that just anybody can't write them, but the residents that are in the legislators district will be the ones that get to decide if they get reelected

self preservation

If you are in their district, their names will be on your next ballot when you vote. not that just anybody can't write them, but the residents that are in the legislators district will be the ones that get to decide if they get reelected

I found another article that stated that Lex and Louisville is the district that these Hitlers live in. It makes more sense to me now.

Orion_13

Ok, Emailed Robert Leeper, Senator and then did my letter to Lynn Bechler, House of Reps. I will mail his off tomorrow. This has to stop and stop now. I don't see it passing but I'm not standing by and watching from the sidelines.

Orion
Semper Gero