• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question for the LEOs

WalkingWolf

I was responding to your general, broad, unqualified statement that "There is no law that a motor vehicle operator cannot exit his vehicle on a traffic stop." Had you stated "There is no law in SC..." or had you posted this in the SC forum then I would have refrained from responding as I did, but you did not, so I did not.

My statement was directly relating to the elderly man shot in SC. You need to read all the posts before trying to consume your foot. This thread is not even an Ohio thread, is the OP from Ohio, or are you just trying to flame?

JustaShooter

My statement was directly relating to the elderly man shot in SC. You need to read all the posts before trying to consume your foot. This thread is not even an Ohio thread, is the OP from Ohio, or are you just trying to flame?

My statement was directly related to the unqualified, broad statement you made. You need to read my posts carefully before trying to consume your foot. This thread is not even a South Carolina thread, is the OP from South Carolina, or are you just trying to troll?

There, see, two can play that game.

Now, I was simply replying to a statement made in a thread in the General Discussion forum without quoted referent or qualifying language that could easily have been taken to mean that it was true in the general case. I carefully qualified my reply to indicate that it wasn't universally true in a certain specific case, in the hopes that those reading it would understand that they need to be sure of their local laws regarding the stated behavior.

If you choose to take it differently and start an argument, that is your prerogative of course. But you'll need to do so alone as I'll not participate in this sub-thread beyond this reply.

WalkingWolf

My statement was directly related to the unqualified, broad statement you made. You need to read my posts carefully before trying to consume your foot. This thread is not even a South Carolina thread, is the OP from South Carolina, or are you just trying to troll?

There, see, two can play that game.

Now, I was simply replying to a statement made in a thread in the General Discussion forum without quoted referent or qualifying language that could easily have been taken to mean that it was true in the general case. I carefully qualified my reply to indicate that it wasn't universally true in a certain specific case, in the hopes that those reading it would understand that they need to be sure of their local laws regarding the stated behavior.

If you choose to take it differently and start an argument, that is your prerogative of course. But you'll need to do so alone as I'll not participate in this sub-thread beyond this reply.

YOU are dishonest! The OP contained nothing about getting out of the vehicle, IN FACT the opposite. The only reason it came up was because another member posted the video of a man shot while getting out of his vehicle in SC. I hope you bothered to follow the thread to find that my replies were directly a reply to the sheriffs claim that the people should be trained to stay in the vehicle. YOU ARE FLAMING, possibly I hurt your feewings in some past life. But your Ohio cite has nothing to do with the incident in NC OR the OP. Take deep breaths, count to ten, but you should get over your hatred of other members, and your fantasies of getting even on line.

Kopis

Freedom1Man

I think you're worrying about something that is highly unlikely to be an issue. I was stopped quite a few times last year and had several other LEO interactions (im 30 years old, in shape) and ive never been ordered to get on the ground or anything. In the unlikely event you are stopped, just be normal. I would think you were need to be seen as a threat or be acting like a threat to an LEO to be ordered on the ground like that.

Lucky you.