• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reciprocity with Michigan

Darth AkSarBen

imported post

It would be nice if Nebraska had reciprocity with Michigan in the Concealed Weapon (Pistol) License. Since Michigan is very structured in their requirement for pistol safety training and use and the qualifications needed, it looks like there wold be little problem getting to carry while in Nebraska.

Perhaps a visit with a legislator to include language in a new bill to have agreement with Michigan?

Vern

former Nebraskan!:celebrate

captainamerica

imported post

It's going to take grassroots effort on the part of law abiding Nebraska citizens that shows themselves as a force by dumping anti-2A politicians at the polls. From what I've read/heard it's only a matter of time in NE and IA to get the tide further turned in the right direction. Unfortunately us out of staters would like it to be sooner than later. For now I stay out of these states as much as possible.

Darth AkSarBen wrote:
It would be nice if Nebraska had reciprocity with Michigan in the Concealed Weapon (Pistol) License. Since Michigan is very structured in their requirement for pistol safety training and use and the qualifications needed, it looks like there wold be little problem getting to carry while in Nebraska.

Perhaps a visit with a legislator to include language in a new bill to have agreement with Michigan?

Vern

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

captainamerica wrote:
It's going to take grassroots effort on the part of law abiding Nebraska citizens that shows themselves as a force by dumping anti-2A politicians at the polls. From what I've read/heard it's only a matter of time in NE and IA to get the tide further turned in the right direction. Unfortunately us out of staters would like it to be sooner than later. For now I stay out of these states as much as possible.

Darth AkSarBen wrote:

Vern

Perhaps it would be nice if Nebraska had reciprocity with anyone or if Omaha wasn't so out right unreasonable. Nebraska politicians for the most part do not understand nor care to understand the basic human right of self-defense. It is beyond me to understand how a voting population that was so conservative let it get to this point. I can say that because I was born and raised in Omaha. I used to carry my rifle team long gun home on public transportation! Half of the males in H.S. were members of the JROTC.

I passed up a major class reunion rather than be disarmed. I understand that it requires a special permit to OC in Omaha! No thank you. No reciprosity, no OC, nada. Maybe a little harsh but reminds me of NYC!

I forget sometimes just how good we have it in Virginia until I look at what my home state is not doing. It's embarrassing to me.

Yata hey

PS - I remember when Ak-Sar-Ben was a major player. Anybody remember the Omaha Knights?

Darth AkSarBen

imported post

You need to contact and do the main work with the Legislators out west, near Sioux County, Dawes County, Cheyenne County, Garden County (I know those are probably the same Senators I mentioned). Talk with the rural folks and make it easy. Have someone 'word' the way the bill would need to be so that they just introduce it.

Some people never pick up the AkSarBen parts. :cool:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Darth AkSarBen wrote:
You need to contact and do the main work with the Legislators out west, near Sioux County, Dawes County, Cheyenne County, Garden County (I know those are probably the same Senators I mentioned). Talk with the rural folks and make it easy. Have someone 'word' the way the bill would need to be so that they just introduce it.

Some people never pick up the AkSarBen parts. :cool:
I presume that you are addressing the readers from Ne. when you state, "You need to contact...." not myself. I have tried to stir this group up before - grass roots activism works! Wish I could see that more was being done. :(

Love the people and most of the life style. Had relatives from Omaha to Alliance but scattered all over the country now. Maybe the strong willed, independant thinkers and doers have moved on.

Yata hey

P.S. - I even recall the Navy of the Great State of Nebraska.

wndedwolf

imported post

hey folks, as a native cornhusker it also saddens me to see the lack of members from ne, i also still have several relatives in ne and avoid going "home" i currently reside in co and will only travel in ne when completely avoidable. keep trying to get people motivated to join and stand up for our rights.