• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recon mission for Montana members

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

This is a strange story about an obscure company called "American Police Force" that has taken over a new never used jail facility located in Hardin, Montana. They also seem to have taken over the local police dept, that hasn't existed in 30 years.

Something seems fishy about this. Could this be the makings of a concentration camp for political dissidents?

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/09/29/crimesider/entry5351491.shtml

LeMat

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Could this be the makings of a concentration camp for political dissidents?
I kinda doubt it, but I sure don't like it.

'Course who know............. it sounds weird to me. I'm heading to Billings in a couple of weeks and was going to stop in Hardin. Maybe I oughta get pulled over by one of these yahoos and see what the deal is.

Anybody be able to post bond? ;)

spiritof76

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
They also seem to have taken over the local police dept, that hasn't existed in 30 years.
You can't take over something that doesn't exist. There IS NO police department in Hardin.

This shadowy mercenary organization (which no one has ever heard of before, and whose only address is a "virtual mailbox" service) is guilty of IMPERSONATING POLICE by displaying a FRAUDULENT "City of Hardin Police Department" logo on their SUVs. Since this story first broke, these fraudulent logos have been removed from the vehicles due to public outcry.

american+police+force.jpg

This is very serious and might prove to be part of the larger treasonous operation to balkanize the USA, as was publicly announced last year by Russian intelligence analyst Igor Panarin.

LeMat

imported post

Here's the website.........

http://www.americanpolicegroup.com/index.html

Guys, this is creepy. Now I understand that there are companies out there that specialize in training and whatnot, but isn't this a little over the top?

I can't begin to think of the amount of mall ninjas creaming over this stuff. Seriously, attack helicopters? C'mon now!

And it's here in Montana................ great. :banghead:

Flintlock

imported post

Evidently, the mayor demanded they remove the Police logo from their vehicles, so that is at least something.

This is a private company and the town, state, or whomever is responsible for thefacility in questiondoesn't have to sign this agreement if they don't want to. I recommend that Montana residents raise a stir about this to gain more information and answers to questions.

Personally, if I lived there, I would be much more inclined to have the Guantanamo detainees be incarcerated in the prison rather than have it be a training center for some sort of Surveillance, eavesdropping, paramilitary organization. That is sad, but true.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You folks in Montana keep an ey on this and keep us posted.

I'm wondering if this bunch could have anything to do with a "civilian security force" Obama spoke of during his campaign?

JBinMontana

imported post

American Police Force is a joke, they will NEVER have any law enforcement powers here in Montana. They have to be certified, and I doubt the Sheriff of Big Horn County Sheriff's Office is going to let them have any kind of run in his county.

They are nothing more than regular citizens wearing guns and a uniform with no law enforcement powers.

PayMeNow

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Something seems fishy about this. Could this be the makings of a concentration camp for political dissidents?

Tomorrow Montana takes back some of her sovereignty.

Conspiracy theory: This is where they are going to put all the people that make or buy "Montana Guns".

JBinMontana

imported post

Calif. jail entrepreneur has checkered past

BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) -- Michael Hilton showed up in Hardin, Mont., last week, presenting himself as an economic savior, the man who would take over the town's $27 million jail - empty since it was built as a development project in 2007 - and provide 200 new jobs in the process.

He wore a military style uniform, and as a gesture to local law enforcement offered up the use of three Mercedes SUVs.

But the man who styles himself as a military veteran turned private sector entrepreneur and a California defense contractor with extensive government contracts also has another image, and that one is provided by public documents and interviews with associates and legal adversaries.

The record says that he is a convicted felon with a number of aliases, a string of legal judgments against him, two bankruptcies and a decades-long reputation for deals gone bad.

American Police Force is the company Hilton formed in March to take over the Hardin jail.

"Such schemes you cannot believe," said Joseph Carella, an Orange County, Calif. doctor and co-defendant with Hilton in a real estate fraud case that resulted in a civil judgment against Hilton and several others.

"The guy's brilliant. If he had been able to do honest work, he probably would have been a gazillionaire," Carella said.

Court documents show Hilton has outstanding judgments against him in three civil cases totaling more than $1.1 million.

As for Hilton's military expertise, including his claim to have advised forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, those interviewed knew of no such feats. Instead, Hilton was described alternately by those who know him as an arts dealer, cook, restaurant owner, land developer, loan broker and car salesman - always with a moneymaking scheme in the works.

Hilton did not return several calls seeking comment. American Police Force attorney Maziar Mafi referred questions to company spokeswoman Becky Shay.

When asked about court records detailing Hilton's past, Shay replied, "The documents speak for themselves. If anyone has found public documents, the documents are what they are."

Shay declined comment on Hilton's military experience.

Al Peterson, vice president of Hardin's Two Rivers Authority, which built the jail, declined to comment on Hilton's legal troubles. He refused to say if he knew about Hilton's past when the authority reached a 10-year agreement with American Police Force last month.

The deal is worth more than $2.6 million a year, according to city leaders.

Hilton has also pledged to build a $17 million military and law enforcement training center. And he's promised to dispatch security to patrol Hardin's streets, build an animal shelter and a homeless shelter and offer free health care to city resident's out of the jail's clinic.

Those additional promises were not included in the jail agreement, which remains in limbo because US Bank has so far declined to sign off on the contract. The bank is the trustee for the bonds used to fund the jail.

A US Bank spokeswoman declined to comment, but Peterson was adamant the deal would be approved.

"It's a solid deal. That's all I'll say," he said.

But a representative of a corrections advocacy group that has been critical of Hardin's jail and has investigated Hilton's past said city leaders dropped the ball.

"I'm amazed that city officials didn't do basic research that would have raised significant questions about American Private Police Force and Mr. Hilton's background," said Alex Friedmann, vice president of the Private Corrections Institute.

Hilton, 55, uses the title "captain" when introducing himself and on his business cards. But he acknowledged it was not a military rank.

He said he is naturalized U.S. citizen and native of Montenegro. Aliases for Hilton that appear in court documents include Miodrag Dokovich, Michael Hamilton, Hristian Djokich and Michael Djokovich.

One attorney who dealt with Hilton in a fraud lawsuit referred to him as a "chameleon" and he has a reputation for winning people over with his charm.

His criminal record goes back to at least 1988, when Hilton was arrested in Santa Ana, Calif. for writing bad checks.

Beginning in 1993, Hilton spent six years in prison in California on a dozen counts of grand theft and other charges including illegal diversion of construction funds.

The charges included stealing $20,000 in a real estate swindle in which Hilton convinced an associate to give him a deed on property in Long Beach, Calif., ostensibly as collateral on a loan. Hilton turned around and sold the property to another party but was caught when the buyer contacted the original owner.

After his release, he got entangled in at least three civil lawsuits alleging fraud or misrepresentation. Those included luring investors to sink money into gold and silver collectible coins; posing as a fine arts dealer in Utah in order to convince a couple to give him a $100,000 silver statue; and, in the case involving co-defendant Carella, seeking investors for an assisted living complex in Southern California that was never built.

Carella said he was duped into becoming a partner in the development project and that Hilton used Carella's status as a physician to lure others into the scheme. He was described in court testimony as a "pawn" used by Hilton to lure investors.

Those involved with Hilton say he is an accomplished cook with a flair for the extravagant - wining and dining potential partners, showing up at the Utah couple's house to negotiate for the silver statue in a chauffeur-driven Mercedes.

"This is the way we got taken," said Carolyn Call of Provo, Utah, who said she gave Hilton her family's silver statue to sell on the open market.

According to court documents, Hilton turned around and gave the statue to an attorney to pay for his services.

Two California attorneys said Wednesday that after learning of Hilton's latest activities they planned to follow him to Montana to seek payment on the outstanding judgments against him.

"Once I know that there is an asset or some sort of funds to go after, we'll go after it," said Call's attorney, Roger Naghash.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sounds like this guy Hilton would fit just about all of Obama's criteria as an approved czar. I mean, look at the rest of the Presidential cabinet. They're all scam artists and frauds.

MT GUNNY

imported post

I would like to know who is behind the Building of the Detention facility and who exactly funded it!

Why did it need to be built if they didn't have some Prisoners to go in it?

Did someone think that we bunch of dumb Hick cowboy country types wouldn't notice?

Does BHO plan on putting Gitmo detainees in this facility?

And if this is all ligit, why cant Montanans be hired to gaurd the prisoners. MT does have an Unimploment problem!

MountainGator

imported post

Since Hardin is the Next County Over, when this story broke, I went out and bought another 1000 rounds of 9mm and an additional 750 rounds of .357 (with another 250 rounds of Good-Ol' Montana BuffaloBore .357 Heavy on the way) THIS SOB OR ANY OF HIS HENCHMEN will get no further than 6" onto my property!

spiritof76

imported post

According the the theory of American government, "We the People" have delegated the authority, via our state and federal constitutions, to our government to perform certain essential functions such as police, courts, and prisons. Our "representatives" do not have any constitutional authority to outsource or delegate this essential authority to private for-profit corporations, let alone those like "American Police Force" who refuse to disclose their parent company and who have apparent connections to Middle-Eastern military organizations.

From the Montana Code:

45-8-106. Bringing armed men into the state.

(1) A person commits the offense of bringing armed men into the state when he knowingly brings or aids in bringing into this state an armed person or armed body of men for the purpose of engaging in criminal or socially disruptive activities or to usurp the powers of law enforcement authorities.

(2) A person convicted of the offense of bringing armed men into the state shall be imprisoned in the state prison for a term not to exceed 10 years or be fined an amount not to exceed $50,000, or both. History: En. by Sec. 1, Ch. 513, L. 1973; R.C.M. 1947, ; amd. Sec. 7, Ch. 198, L. 1981.

In addition, the fraudulent use of the word "police" in the name of this private corporation (and on their vehicles) might well be a criminal act under the Montana code:

american+police+force.jpg

45-7-209. Impersonation of public servant.

(1) A person commits the offense of impersonating a public servant if the person falsely pretends to hold a position in the public service with the purpose to induce another individual to submit to the pretended official authority or otherwise to act in reliance upon that pretense to the individual's prejudice.

(2) A person convicted of impersonating a public servant shall be fined not to exceed $5,000 or be imprisoned in the state prison for any term not to exceed 5 years, or both.

History: En. by Sec. 1, Ch. 513, L. 1973; R.C.M. 1947, ; amd. Sec. 2, Ch. 351, L. 1995.
For those that can tolerate radio host Alex Jones, he is doing today's show on location in Hardin and focusing entirely on this story. Check it out here.

LeMat

imported post

I just don't know if I buy into the whole Blackwater thing.

I do, however, think Hardin got taken - bad. :X

It wouldn't surprise me if this sort of just "went away" in a few months.