• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Regal Kingstowne Cinema and their no gun policy

supranite90

I'm sure a lot of you all frequent the Kingstowne Shopping center along with the Regal Cinema there for movies. But recently I had an incident where the manager in charge (MIC) asked me to leave my firearm in the car due to there being rules about firearms in the cinema. I was confronted by the MIC and a police officer about it. The police officer was surprisingly supportive of me carrying to watch my movie and the MIC was very adamant that firearms were not allowed as per their Code of Conduct (or whatever their rules are called).

If you look from the outside there are obviously no "No Gun" signs or non of that nonsense. But if you read their CoC in very tiny words and in one sentence it says "No firearms on premises unless law enforcement". I have been there multiple times to watch movies with my friends and girlfriend and never have I had a bat of an eye or a word spoken to me until that MIC told me I could not carry.

I am telling you all this just to give you a heads up about their illegal signage about the "No Guns" attempt at a sign. I think it was just this MIC that was afraid of firearms in general and the police officer tried to calm him down while talking to me and explaining the law. The officer even said she has never seen the sign or ever had a problem with people carrying inside the theater at all until this MIC got all crazy eyed.

What do you think?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Unfortunately, that's pretty standard for theaters. It's made me a great supporter of the DVD industry.

Why do you think the sign is "Illegal"?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Regal theaters are notoriously anti.

There is no such thing as an illegal gun sign on private property.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Sorry to say I've never heard of a firearm friendly Regal or AMC theater. My wife and I used to semi-regularly see movies together, but since we've become aware of how hostile movie theaters are toward people who only want to protect their lives, we see maybe 1 movie a year and that in a firearm friendly theater in town, that is a little out of the way to drive to.

TFred

Regal theaters are notoriously anti.

There is no such thing as an illegal gun sign on private property.
I happen to disagree with you on this, but I can't get any traction on finding others to agree with me.

A very large, but privately held business in Fredericksburg displays a sign which says "it is unlawful to carry a handgun in this facility".

I firmly believe this is an illegal sign, as it is not a true statement, and it causes the casual reader to believe that the act of carrying a firearm there is a crime, which is absolutely untrue.

The act of remaining on the property after being asked to leave if you are carrying is a crime, but there is no law that says you cannot carry a firearm in that facility.

TFred

supranite90

I would say its "illegal" because Its not within common view. I really had to look for it to really notice it.

Oh well....the cop told me to just conceal it so that's what I'm doing from now on.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I would say its "illegal" because Its not within common view. I really had to look for it to really notice it.

Oh well....the cop told me to just conceal it so that's what I'm doing from now on.

There is a world of difference between unenforceable and illegal.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Then I truly meant unenforceable....please excuse my ignorance

There is a world of difference between ignorance and inexperience!:lol::monkey:lol:

I'll give you an example..
If I put up a sign that says:
Persons with guns will have to pay a $500.00 rule violation fee or we will break your knees.

That's an illegal sign. It's a threat, a technical assault and extortion.

If I put up a sign that says:
Persons with guns will have to pay a $500.00 rule violation fee

That's just unenforceable.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I happen to disagree with you on this, but I can't get any traction on finding others to agree with me.

A very large, but privately held business in Fredericksburg displays a sign which says "it is unlawful to carry a handgun in this facility".

I firmly believe this is an illegal sign, as it is not a true statement, and it causes the casual reader to believe that the act of carrying a firearm there is a crime, which is absolutely untrue.

The act of remaining on the property after being asked to leave if you are carrying is a crime, but there is no law that says you cannot carry a firearm in that facility.

TFred

Were a municipality to post such a sign on public property, yes that would be illegal, not authorized by statute.

Private property owners can and do lie. What crime is being committed? There is no "color of law" being imposed by a private actor.

1911 Enthusiast

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Wow! An absolutely tragic example of why to carry everywhere you go, even a movie theater.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/2...red-after-shooting-at-colorado-movie-theater/

Yep, CNN reporting 14 killed & 50 injured. Not much info yet on guns used although one rifle and two handguns being mentioned. Apparently entered through an emergency exit door and threw in a smoke grenade before opening fire.

The Brady Bunch must be wetting themselves with delight :cuss:

Tanner

and out of the 100s of people there not a single solitary person was able to protect them self or someone els. I would argue that IF at least one person was carrying that this could have been less tragic. Where was 911? I almost always see a LEO at a theater at a midnight showing of a big movie like this. Go figure the one time their needed they are no where to be found.:shocker: 911 CAN NOT SAVE YOU! Even if the police were there do you think they would be focused of saving an individuals life while disreguarding their own? People could still be shot and killed while the police are present. For god sake at least carry a rock! <---joke

Now all we will hear about is stricter gun law for sure. I bet the law is named after this.
How Ironic is it that this thread just so happened to be around when this happend?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
and out of the 100s of people there not a single solitary person was able to protect them self or someone els. I would argue that IF at least one person was carrying that this could have been less tragic. Where was 911? I almost always see a LEO at a theater at a midnight showing of a big movie like this. Go figure the one time their needed they are no where to be found.:shocker: 911 CAN NOT SAVE YOU! Even if the police were there do you think they would be focused of saving an individuals life while disreguarding their own? People could still be shot and killed while the police are present. For god sake at least carry a rock! <---joke

Now all we will hear about is stricter gun law for sure. I bet the law is named after this.
How Ironic is it that this thread just so happened to be around when this happend?

Excellent suggestion - carry a rock, a 1911 .45ACP rock.
411539804.jpg

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411539804

MSC 45ACP

Theater Shooting

Its still hard to understand how people can STILL be against 2A and our right to carry. What kind of moron thinks a SIGN will stop a BadGuy from doing his Dirty Deeds? SimplyFugginAmazing...

911 = Government Sponsored Dial-A-Prayer

SillyCommies...