• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Renewal CPL

phoneguy

I filled out the form and gave the local police dept my money and they said my renewal CPL will be mailed to me. How long does it take. I also thought it would take the next day.
What are the wait times some of you had to wait for you renewal?

CitizenJohn

I filled out the form and gave the local police dept my money and they said my renewal CPL will be mailed to me. How long does it take. I also thought it would take the next day.

1 > 2 weeks.

phoneguy

I here different stories. Some people get it on the spot like 5 minutes wait time .Some have to wait.

mikeyb

Like others have said, it depends upon your issuing agency. City of Bothell mails it to you in 2 weeks. Snohomish County took a few weeks, and I think I had to pick it up, too. But that was 10 years ago, I don't remember.

phoneguy

Thanks everyone I got it Thursday. It looks different than my other ones from years ago.

OC Freedom

Thanks everyone I got it Thursday. It looks different than my other ones from years ago.

It really does depend on the county on how fast you will receive your renewal. Once in Spokane they gave me my renewal right on the spot. The Kennewick sheriff mailed my last one to me, I received that one in ten days.

My last one changed in its design too. My first one in "91" required two of my fingerprints to be on the permit and there were more questions in the application over what they do today. Next time I need to renew I will try a different county and see what they do, but that's 3 years away.

badger54

My last time renewing was with king county sheriff and I got it on the spot. I now have to renew through southsound911 and I'm told they take a couple weeks to mail it out. The only thing I need it for is to get out of the stupid 10 day waiting period that 594 brought in. Other then that it lives in my center console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro