• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

restaurants

bwhunter65

imported post

Has anyone heard if they are going to change the law on restaurants that serve alcohol. If not how do we go about to try to change the law. After all we don't ban drivers from bars and more people die from dui then guns right.

Dreamer

imported post

A repeal of the "restaurant ban" was proposed last session, but was stalled out in conference.

The filing date was missed to get it ont he table for this current session of the General Assembly, so we'll have to wait for the next sesison, in the fall.

It's looking like it will pass the House, and may have a decent chance to get through the Senate, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that Gov. Perdue will veto it. And it doesn't looke like we'd have enough votes in the GA to over-ride a veto...

If we can't get it through int he next two years, it will most certainly get through in 2012 or 2013, after we throw Perdue out of the Governors mansion, and replace most of the anti-2A representatives and Senators.

The rallying cry for the next 2 elections need to be THROW THE BUMS OUT. Every single incumbant that has voted against 2A issues needs to be thrown out of office, down to a man...

IT DOES look, however, like VA will repeal their CC ban in restaurants this session, and the Governor in VA is now VERY pro-2A and will most certainly sigh it into law.

CarryOpen

imported post

We have a pretty active NC membership here - I wonder if we have enough people to start something like we wish GRNC would be. An active group promoting change would be a nice thing here.

Dreamer

imported post

I've been trying to find information on how we could start a NC branch of the "Citizens Defense League" (NCCDL) based on the model like they have in VA, but I'm not having much luck...

I think one of the reasons why VCDL is so successful is that it has VERY good funding, and a lot of retired members that can devote a lot of time to the cause.

NC just doesn't seem to have the cashflow that they have in VA to support such an organization, and as we've seen with GRNC, an all-volunteer org can only be effective if the people running are able to devote massive amounts of time to it. I'd love to be able to do this sort of thing full-time, bu tI know I just don't have the spare time right now, what with being a full-time grad student. And it looks like I'll have a couple teaching assistantships next semester, so my time will be even more precious this fall.

Maybe I shoudl contac Phil VanCleave at VCDL and ask him for some pointers...

ClydesComm

imported post

Thanks for providing the link. I was signature 392. We need to see a significantly higher number of signatures to make any sort of progress.