• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Restore the Fourth

DrakeZ07

What are the parking options for the event? is there parking on the side of the streets with meters, or a parking garage free or paid near it? And if someone was going to go, is there a designated meet-up point before the rally starts or not? how many people are expected to be there by estimation?

Every I say I'll go to an event, or rally, or meeting, I always seem to be the victim of a family emergency, personal medical emergency, my tires being slashed by the neighborhood bigot, or my room-mate borrowing my vehicle without permission. So I'm leaving this open as a 'maybe', but I've got fifty bucks and a full tank of gas in both cars, so just humour me with information.

langzaiguy

Then event page says that 80 people are going and 100 "maybe"s. Copied from their page:

The Restore the Fourth rally will take place on Thursday July 4th at noon on the Metro Hall steps at 527 West Jefferson Street in downtown Louisville.

Restore the Fourth is a grassroots, non-partisan movement; we believe the government of the United States must respect the right to privacy of all its citizens as the Fourth Amendment clearly states. We seek to bring awareness to the abuses against our civil liberties and the erosion of this cornerstone of our democracy.

Our inalienable rights protected by the U.S. Constitution have been secretly violated by the activities of the NSA. Restore the Fourth was created to demonstrate to our leaders the permanence of the rights of American citizens and the importance of transparency in addressing its constituency. Furthermore, we aim to prove that when these rights are idly ignored, the parties responsible will be held accountable for their actions.

On July 4th, we are planning to hold a series of large, nonviolent protests in cities across the country. You can look for one near you by clicking on the resources link above. The protests will be uniform in their message: that the government of the United States of America must adhere to its constitutionally dictated limits of power and respect the fourth ammendment and the privacy of its citizens.

http://www.restorethefourth.net/about-us/

I really don't have any idea about parking, though.

DrakeZ07

Parking should not be a problem. On a holiday downtown Louisville will be like a ghost town. There should be plenty of on street parking and if not, plenty of empty lots. Maybe langzaiguy, you and I can meet before hand.

About the latter part; That would be fabulous.

I just hope the weather doesn't involve rain, or mostly clouds. *knocks on wood*

langzaiguy

I guess there's supposed to be a good amount of rain tomorrow. I'll have a baby with me, so if rain seems eminent, I'll prolly stay home :/

DrakeZ07

Well, I quess Drake won't be showing up with a baby. In any case, if anyone wants to meet I'll be at the McDonalds located at 420 E. Market St. (between Jackson and Preston) from about 10:30 until 11:30. At about 11:30 I'll head on down to the rally. I'll be the bearded oaf with the blue cap. Just to make sure I'm available, I'm not going to OC until we leave for the rally. Parking may be more of a problem than I thought. There is a 4th of July celebration on the riverfront. Bring an umbrella. Better OC something in stainless.

Wait, what? I don't have a baby.

I don't own an umbrella though, and I was seriously hoping it wouldn't rain, but I'll know here in a few hours if my plans are still a go to attend, my metallic firearms are not stainless, so looks like it'd be my trusty Hi-point.

Depending on the response I have from family, I may either be doing this solo, or with a car-load.

09jisaac

Wait, what? I don't have a baby.

You do now. Congratulations.

I don't own an umbrella though, and I was seriously hoping it wouldn't rain, but I'll know here in a few hours if my plans are still a go to attend, my metallic firearms are not stainless, so looks like it'd be my trusty Hi-point.

It doesn't matter. Is your hi-point parkerized? Just oil it before you go, stay away from salt water (I don't think the ocean is in Louisville this time of year), and oil it when you get back.

Also, do you have any non-metallic firearms?

I unfortunately will not be able to attend. I will have family coming in.

DrakeZ07

You do now. Congratulations.

It doesn't matter. Is your hi-point parkerized? Just oil it before you go, stay away from salt water (I don't think the ocean is in Louisville this time of year), and oil it when you get back.

Also, do you have any non-metallic firearms?

I unfortunately will not be able to attend. I will have family coming in.

Ewww, I hate kids, can I just throw it away? Don't you people know that gay people are devilishly horrible parents? :O kidding, kidding.

My hi-point isn't metal, its just weird plastic composite material or something, well, the safety and the barrel and mag well stuff is metal, everything is like the plastic that glock uses alot of. I don't oil it, ever, I haven't cleaned or oiled it in over a year, I'm trying to see if not cleaning it will cause it to break down, considering soaking it in radiator fluid for a week, and having it sat on by my cobalt for a day, and using it as a anchor for my jon boat hasn't caused it to malfunction, nor have a failure to feed. I'll give it a exterior cleaning and make sure it still fires, this evening, cuz I dont want to get dirt and dried mud on my holster and pants.

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
The "MAN" had his drones in the sky and the microphone was tapped so they could have a "permanent" reserve copy of all comments that no one would listen too UNTIL someone initiated something suspicious sometime in the future!

langzaiguy

Awesome! Thanks for the update, Gutshot. I was really bummed I wasn't able to make it. I wish I knew about the shelter ahead of time. Hopefully there will be more of these rallies to come.