• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Roamin' Around Ky

TheMrMitch

imported post

Wednesday, Daughter and I went to the Hodgenville courthouse to congratulate some winners. Had dinner, then went for some ice cream and on to grocery shop in New Haven. We OC'd the whole time.

Today, we went to E'Town steak house for dinner then to Wally World. Uneventful at both places though WW greeter eyeballed us both. Shopped the sporting goods area and went to Dan's Pawn Shop to look around some more.

I opencarried my Glock 21 and she carried her gift (from me) CZ 82. Lovely days. Back to Texas for her tomorrow.:dude:

jihadthis

imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
Wednesday, Daughter and I went to the Hodgenville courthouse to congratulate some winners. Had dinner, then went for some ice cream and on to grocery shop in New Haven. We OC'd the whole time.

Today, we went to E'Town steak house for dinner then to Wally World. Uneventful at both places though WW greeter eyeballed us both. Shopped the sporting goods area and went to Dan's Pawn Shop to look around some more.

I opencarried my Glock 21 and she carried her gift (from me) CZ 82. Lovely days. Back to Texas for her tomorrow.:dude:
Too bad she will not be able to open carry here in Texas.

chris in va

imported post

That's why I was asking. They scan you at the Bullit Co courthouse with lots of posted signs.

I don't recall seeing any signs for the admin offices across the street though, where you pick up your permit. Next time I'm there I'll look closer.

Unfettered Might

imported post

chris in va wrote:
That's why I was asking. They scan you at the Bullit Co courthouse with lots of posted signs.

I don't recall seeing any signs for the admin offices across the street though, where you pick up your permit. Next time I'm there I'll look closer.
You can carry in the other buildings.

I believe I saw some sort of "determination" that the Court Clerks offices were considered part of "court proceedings" and that the Driver's Licensing division was considered part of the Court Clerks office by the AG.

Again, yet another unconstitutional infringement by the AG on our rights. This Conway guy CANNOT be elected to senate, Rand Paul all the way people. Personally, I think we need to get this Conway guy out of the AG office, but that's just me.

I was thinking on filing some kind of civil suit on the whole issue, AG opinions ARE NOT law, but they want to act like they are.

I had a discussion with the Sheriff's office on this once before and they said that they were not going to let me past the metal detectors because they wouldn't know where I was going after that. I told him, "It's not my fault you guys put them in the wrong place."