• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rust remover or 12-gauge? This guy reached for the wrong one...

unrequited

imported post

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071112...gun_lug_nut;_ylt=AjnMdu4zWc7Um9hPtUTkA1HtiBIF

SOUTHWORTH, Wash. - A man trying to loosen a stubborn lug nut blasted the wheel with a 12-gauge shotgun, injuring himself badly in both legs, sheriff's deputies said. ADVERTISEMENT

The 66-year-old man had been repairing a Lincoln Continental for two weeks at his home northwest of Southworth, about 10 miles southwest of Seattle, and had gotten all but one of the lug nuts off the right rear wheel by Saturday afternoon, Kitsap County Deputy Scott Wilson said.

"He's bound and determined to get that lug nut off," Wilson said.

From about arm's length, the man fired the shotgun at the wheel and was "peppered" in both legs with buckshot and debris, with some injuries as high as his chin, according to a sheriff's office report.

"Nobody else was there and he wasn't intoxicated," Wilson said.

The man was taken to Tacoma General Hospital with injuries Wilson described as severe but not life-threatening.

HAHAHA. I dunno why he did it, but I'm sure he won't again.

BluesBear

imported post

No where in the Snap-On catalogue do I find a 12 lug nut remover. 'cause if that would work they'd make one for it.

I'd hate to see what he'd use if he ever locks his keys in the trunk. :shock:

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

CC27 wrote:
Can you say darwin awards?
To be eligible for a Darwin award the contender has to have taken himself entirely out of the gene pool, either by inflicting a fatal self-injury or by rendering himself unable to reproduce. The man was 66 years old so he's probably passed his defective genes on already. The article wasn't too specific about his injuries but I guess it's possible that he shot his manhood off.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ouch!

In the biography of Chesty Puller, Marine!, there is the brief anecdote of an officer who used his 1911 to shoot his jeep. The slug bounced off the wheel rim and killed him.