• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ryan Burbridge Incident, Cal Guns Statement, CA Open Carry on Dave Champion Show

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I was listening to the Dave Champion show and he was talking about the Ryan Burbridge incident and urban open carry. He articulates his points very well. I especially like the analysis of the CalGuns statement and his point about changing the paradigm. He devotes about a half hour to this subject and is well worth the listen. He starts around 15:15 with Ryan's incident and discusses the CalGun's statement around 32:40. You can access the show from a week before last at this link:

http://www.davechampionshow.com/archives/?p=1665

coolusername2007

Cool, Dave hits the nail on the head yet again. I listen to Dave regularly but somehow missed this show, thanks for posting it here.

With regards to his comments about Calguns and Gene's statement, well all I can say is free America gets it, while here in the "Communist Amerika" (CA) everyone is busy playing chess. Having said that, thankfully 12031e is now finally under attack.

Quick comment about his statements on AB144 (just in case), the assembly has indeed voted on this bill and it has passed and is now moving on to the senate.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
I love how the people defending gun owners get attacked. That's class!

-Gene

Gene,

I dont believe the attack is personal. I think that many have some difficulty reconciling the position of the foundation leadership in telling readers that they "encourage individuals to not open carry in urban areas due to law enforcement confusion on the topic [of open carry] while at the same time they see that the foundation has supported the defense of Sam Wolanyk and Ryan Burbridge.

They would also cite the numerous memos (14 statewide to date) that have been published on the legalities of California's quirky and oppressive carry laws and argue that without the practice of UOC, law enforcement would have no knowledge of open carry at the detriment of other people being subjected to false arrest and unconstitutional search and seizure. They might also contend that having litigants with standing are essential to carry reform in California.

But some of these same folks are not prepared for costs such a fight requires and the setbacks that bills like AB144 represent. Dave Champion must know that Californians are governed by a legislature that is overwhelmingly anti-gun and that the caution the foundation recommends is not from a compromise in principles, but that of realizing that we are not in a position of strength to impose our will upon our state representatives. Those who are convinced of their absolute rights to keep and bear have no difficulty in compromising their principles every day they do not strap on a loaded gun and conduct their daily buisness... so why then is it so hypocritical and unforgivable for the foundation to recommend caution in regards to UOC in urban areas?

Last edited: