• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Safety Conference for Places of Worship in Chesterfield County.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Does my Browning 1935 Hi-Power count as new and wonderfully empowering as it corrects all that is wrong with the 1911 design.

May the force be with you.

It does.

But depending on whether it is a FN or some knock-off determines just how much wonderfully empowering it is.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I wish I had gone in spite of being told I would not be welcome there and could expect to be asked to leave if I posed the questions I submitted ahead of time.

Sounds as if Liberty-Or-Death covered some of them, and quite well.

stay safe.

Liberty-or-Death

Okay so this is sort of a brain dump of the content.

The slideshow was a bit disjointed, each speaker contributing their part separately. It was full of statistics and heavy on laying out the need for a safety program, but light on ways for meeting the need. It seemed intentionally vague, in the hopes they are invited for assessment and consultations at which they can be less vague.

There were several printed pieces distributed. There were information flyers for Personal Safety, Shopping Safety, Project Lifesaver, & Larceny from Auto. A crime prevention notepad, an emergency numbers fridge magnet, CCPD automobile waste bag (win!), a speaker biographies page, and a conference agenda page.

I found this laminated piece ridiculous: http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/active_shooter_pocket_card.pdf I look forward to your comments on that piece of DHS work.

It went hand in hand with the video they played, found here: http://www.chesterfield.gov/runhidefightvideo/

There were also "vendors" distributing their information including Crime Solvers, CCPD Chaplains, CERT, and CC Fire & EMS.

The only conference specific papers apart from the bios and agenda were a Worship Watch trifold brochure and another checklist page which was an excerpt of one panel on that brochure. The brochure is below, forgive the glare on the glossy paper.

fe27b0658baf44b8f2b9dd8614f99027.jpg
46f08831270ca3fa9f10ce7e0a43b1bb.jpg

If you examine the brochure closely, you will see it was last edited 2 weeks prior, and had several subtle and one glaring error. I agree this entire conference was poorly prepared.

The chesterfield.gov site oddly has nothing yet for this Worship Watch program, not even this brochure. The contact info on the brochure is as follows:

Chesterfield County Police Department
Business Watch Coordinator
2730 Hicks Road
N. Chesterfield, VA 23235
(804) 318-8699

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Liberty-or-Death

Seriously, there should have been a duct tape warning before viewing your links - my head really hurts now.

Activity shooter situation - I should raise my hands after laying down anything in them? Not only NO, but NOWAYINHELL !!

The nice policemans and EMTs will arrive with all of their tools to clean up the mess and brag about their response times. I have a big hint for them: We are the 1st responders; we can make a difference; we can contribute to an early favorable resolution.

Liberty-or-Death

Speaking of tape, I forgot about this one. They didn't want folks sitting in the balcony area.
c210e02524e3957f96d0bcd639e564a5.jpg

Last edited: