• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Diego Lunch UOC meet up (August 13th 2011)

Firemark

Ok with everyones busy schedules and summer plans I decided to pick this saturday over 1 month out. So there is plenty of time to plan for and attend, hoepfully no one will have a double booking issue.

Beach area will probably be the coolest, but im open to any other suggestions.

The Firehouse American Eatery and Lounge 12pm (noon)
It should be sunny and beautiful at the coast, afterwards we may go for a stroll to get some Coffee,
and even play some pool.

Restaurant, coffee house, and pool hall are ALL 2A friendly, not in school zones and UOC has been done there before several times.

All areas are clear of school zones, however I highly recomend everyone planning to attend please do your own research and identify all k-12 schools in the area and determine legal areas to carry.

As always, for your safety, carry sterile, bring your recording devices, and insure they work properly well before the day. Bring pamphlets and flyers and your positive attitude for dealing with the public and LEO's. Dont forget sunscreen.

If you have never Open Carried before, but now are ready, or just want to get more info and meet like minded freedom loving citizens PLEASE attend.

We are a regular group and very welcoming to newcomers. please RSVP.
Carpooling recommended.

devilpup

Is this still happening? I've been thinking about OC'ing for a while now and would like to learn more about it.

Last edited:

madncrzydm

Ill be there if im not in the field or training i pick up my new Rock Island 1911 compact on the 28th so i might have to bring that out.

cobaltmarine

If I'm not on leave, I'll be there! I'll give you heads up when it gets closer.

also, as a side note, would it be worth it to make a group on meetup.com? So there could be a true calander of events.

Last edited:

Firemark

If I'm not on leave, I'll be there! I'll give you heads up when it gets closer.

also, as a side note, would it be worth it to make a group on meetup.com? So there could be a true calander of events.

With regard to making a group on meetup.com, Meetups I make are not on a regular basis, also the number of UOC'rs in SD area is still very small. I encourage you to start any group you like and run with it. Encourage more people to join and attend. Sounds like you just volunteered yourself Marine. :eek:

chompper

new to OC but not to gun ownership

I just recently found out this was legal so sign me up where we meetin at exactly? (if yall dont mind me comin along) I kinda need an actual address so i can find the place lol

chompper

About ECPD's Response time

Im an armed security officer by trade and i recently had an encounter with ECPD in which a resident of one of the properties i patrol was being threated by lets just call her a "working girl" if he didnt hand over $20 just because she wanted it. The resident called the police to get help with the lady outside his house he never called the security company just the police. 2hrs later (called at midnight) as i was leaving the property ECPD officer came rolling in so of course i followed him and found out what happened. The cop actually told the resident during the interview to call us (the security company) because we have a faster response time (mandatory 15mins or less) than they do! This i find very interesting especially since i cant even on a call in my patrol car run redlights or flip on my whoopy lights on the public roads which everyone knows cops can do that just goin out for donuts (hehe) And a lady the other day actually asked me why i was carrying a gun at starbucks sheesh CA needs to get a clue the cops are always too far away to help but can get the guy after he murders ya. Which to me i dont think i would be caring about much after i been murdered any thoughts?

chompper

by the way if anyone needs a ride

If anyone needs a ride to the lunch event i own a suburban so i got plenty of room for 5 or 10 pple lol j/k but i do have room for me plus 4 (took the third row seat out at my bro's place in south dakota havent gotten it back yet) so hit me up if ya need a ride to the event im definitly going i work nights so days are no issue for me

Gundude

I just recently found out this was legal so sign me up where we meetin at exactly? (if yall dont mind me comin along) I kinda need an actual address so i can find the place lol

I've been to two meet and greet's at this place. It's just a short run up I 5. Definately OC friendly. It's a little to soon for me to commit. I have to check with my social secretary (wife).

722 Grand Ave
San Diego, CA 92109

P.S. Be sure and lock it up on the way. You will pass through some GFSZ's.

Last edited:

chompper

always lock up my guns

P.S. Be sure and lock it up on the way. You will pass through some GFSZ's.[/QUOTE said:
As i said before i just recently found out this is legal so ever since i procured my first handgun almost 10yrs ago ive kept a lockbox in my truck for transporting so im good on that front at least. and of course i got kids in the house too so gotta keep them empty and locked up little kids play with everything thinking their toys. But as a reponsible gun owner i keep them away from the kids and as for the school zones and no gun zones thanks fer lettin me know about that any sites have maps of those types of areas i cant seem to find them

Gundude

As i said before i just recently found out this is legal so ever since i procured my first handgun almost 10yrs ago ive kept a lockbox in my truck for transporting so im good on that front at least. and of course i got kids in the house too so gotta keep them empty and locked up little kids play with everything thinking their toys. But as a reponsible gun owner i keep them away from the kids and as for the school zones and no gun zones thanks fer lettin me know about that any sites have maps of those types of areas i cant seem to find them

I use Google Earth, for the most part. I don't know of any site that is completly reliable, so it's best to do your own research to satisfy yourself.

Born2Lose

What good is an empty locked gun especially in your own home? I have a 3 year old and I ALWAYS have my locked and loaded xd on me while home. When i'm not home it's locked up in a small safe on my night stand.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

chompper

yeah but at the moment its not my house its my sisters place and it basically goes her house her rules at this point im lucky i can bring the gun in the house to begin with lol but as soon as i get moved to my place my gun will practically never leave its holster on my belt unloaded in public loaded at home/work

coolusername2007

Curiosity killed the cat. You can do what want in your house, but as for mine, I teach my kids what guns are, how to hold them, how to respect them, and when old enough (and big enough) how to shoot them. They know never to touch them without my permission and in my presence, but I don't hide them. Because they will find them, and then they will play with them...and they won't tell you. That's what I did when I was their age. And they also know, that anytime they want to see them and hold them all they have to do is ask. I'll drop what I'm doing and teach them safely and in a fun way. Result...they're no longer curious.

chompper

Curiosity killed the cat. You can do what want in your house, but as for mine, I teach my kids what guns are, how to hold them, how to respect them, and when old enough (and big enough) how to shoot them. They know never to touch them without my permission and in my presence, but I don't hide them. Because they will find them, and then they will play with them...and they won't tell you. That's what I did when I was their age. And they also know, that anytime they want to see them and hold them all they have to do is ask. I'll drop what I'm doing and teach them safely and in a fun way. Result...they're no longer curious.

yup thats how my dad did it and thats what i and my ex wife have been doin with our kids but the kids in this house are my nieces and i repect their parents right to raise them how THEY want not how i think they should be raised but anyway thats a good thing your doing the more kids know about them the less likely they are to think guns are toys.

cobaltmarine

Well, looks like ma leave got approved :banana:... my only regret is I'll be missing the lunch meet up.

And Gundude, I will probably look into doing so after I get a few OC events under my holster.

Gundude

My social secretary (wife) cleared my "list" for the weekend of the 13th and 14th, so it looks like I'll be able to make it.
See ya there.

JP

ps: Matt, give me a buzz if you need a ride.