• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Diego Sat. 28th OC meet. Memorial Day

Gundude

I never tried to go on the Midway, mostly because I was in the Navy and had enough of Navy ships to last a life time. I don't think it qualifies as a sensitive location, but don't take my word for it.
I won't be able to be there that early.

Last edited:

Firemark

Im going to push and lean on Santee as a meet up... Downtown is going to have parking difficulties for sure, and there will be more access to public information sharing and meeting people at Santee.

So lets meet there.

chewy352

I have looked into the midway before. If memory serves my correct the midway is still U.S. Navy property but operated by the foundation.

Not sure if that helps at all.

Firemark

Ok then lets do Santee trolley. Memorial Day so wear your patriotic colors how many can make it?

Chime in so we can get a head count.

Firemark

Dont mean to beat a dead horse but everyone remember their video recorders and back up audio recorders and bring plenty of pamphlets for those who ask for more info.. Dont expect much problem with Sheriffs in Santee they know us pretty well now, but its good to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.

Remember hearts and minds...

Firemark

1 E check considering LE had no prewarning we would be there and none of the LEO's present were usuals that we encounter at this town center UOC'ing and know us.

Could have been worse, but I discovered later from a Sheriff Cadet that many probationaries were there (most likely the other than tan uniforms). Afterwards the rest of the day we passed by many of the LEO's and were not hassled, mostly friendly smiles and waves.

Gundude

We were surrounded by 10 cops. That may be a record.
Before this, I had a run in with a rent-a-cop. He asked if I had a permit. I told I didn't need one. He called two other rent-a-cops over and suprisingly they knew about UOC and explained it to him. I gave him a pamphlet for his enlightment. I saw him a few minutes later and he was reading it.

1245A Defender

well,,,

1 E check considering LE had no prewarning we would be there and none of the LEO's present were usuals that we encounter at this town center UOC'ing and know us.

Could have been worse, but I discovered later from a Sheriff Cadet that many probationaries were there (most likely the other than tan uniforms). Afterwards the rest of the day we passed by many of the LEO's and were not hassled, mostly friendly smiles and waves.

hey firemark; i enjoyed the way you all stood up against the 12031E Violations, i was just Proud!
i study california regularly, and know what you guys have to abide by.
i wish i knew who all the players were in your vid,
i know most of the screen names of the players in california,
but its nice to put names to faces,
BTW my name is Bob and my avatar is a pic of me.
The real reason im writing to you now is, your camera has the wrong date!!
not only is it showing European time stamp, BUT it is one DAY off!
it said 29/5/11, but it was taken on 28/5/11
Im a NIT picking fuddy duttier,
my only recommendation for future encounters would be to point out
to the cops that, they are "allowed" to conduct a 2031 e check,BUT
they are never "Required" to conduct the inspection,
after all two out of three of you were good to go,
based of your trustworthy testimony that your gun was unloaded!

Gundude

hey firemark; i enjoyed the way you all stood up against the 12031E Violations, i was just Proud!
i study california regularly, and know what you guys have to abide by.
i wish i knew who all the players were in your vid,
i know most of the screen names of the players in california,
but its nice to put names to faces,
BTW my name is Bob and my avatar is a pic of me.
The real reason im writing to you now is, your camera has the wrong date!!
not only is it showing European time stamp, BUT it is one DAY off!
it said 29/5/11, but it was taken on 28/5/11
Im a NIT picking fuddy duttier,
my only recommendation for future encounters would be to point out
to the cops that, they are "allowed" to conduct a 2031 e check,BUT
they are never "Required" to conduct the inspection,
after all two out of three of you were good to go,
based of your trustworthy testimony that your gun was unloaded!

About the recording devices we use. I have the sunglasses and pen from this site.
http://spygear.factoryoutletstore.com/spy-pen.html?cid=11063&chid=1&gclid=CNb0-czriqUCFSg1gwoda2_aMw
The instructions are written by someone that uses English as a second language, so they are all but useless. It took me 3 hrs to figure out how to get mine to work. As for the time/date stamp...good luck on figuring that out. Mine shows July 17, 2008.
Of course, mine crapped out 1 minute into the (e) check.
The LEO next to me was stalling, calling the Sargent to come help, because he didn't know how to do an (e) check. I explained to him that he was authorized to check , but it wasn't mandatory. Then I suggested to him that he just check our weapons and we could all be on our way. He hesitated and then started checking. Then they all went off and had a 10 man huddle, and we went on our way.

Last edited: