• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SAY IT AIN'T SO! Head of Chicago Cease Fire arrested....for domestic violence? HA!

Superlite27

I have always suspected a large percentage of anti-gun individuals are anti-gun because of their own "projected" inadequacies:

For instance, they believe "I would be dangerous if I had a gun, therefore, nobody should have a gun because they would be as irresponsible and untrustworthy with a firearm as I would be.". So they are fervently anti-gun, not because of any rellevant facts on the part of gun owners, or any logical, statistical, or otherwise "concrete" explanations, but simply because of their own psychological attributes projected onto others.

Here's some more evidence that I'm not entirely off the mark:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...mestic-battery-arrest-20130603,0,141841.story

Hardiman, who had been with CeaseFire since its inception, is credited with pioneering the role of its “violence interrupters,” mostly ex-convicts who mediated conflicts between rival gangs. The organization became internationally recognized over the last decade for its unconventional approach to combating gun violence, particularly after the release in 2011 of the documentary, “The Interrupters.”

Over the weekend Hardiman, 50, insisted on his innocence on the charge of misdemeanor domestic battery. He was accused of punching and kicking his wife, Alison, at their west suburban Hillside home, leaving her with a swollen lip, bruises and a cut on her neck. He was released from Cook County Jail and is due back in court Tuesday.

It appears his marriage has become "violently interrupted".

fjpro2a

Exactly

Anti-Gun individuals have always thought this way. You know the saying - 'I disagree with what you say, but will defend to my death your right to say it." Most gun rights advocates would follow this line of thinking, but most anti-gun individuals would violate this line of thinking if given half a chance. NO, I DON'T HAVE STATISTICS. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Slutkin, an epidemiologist, started CeaseFire in 2000 with the idea that violence is a public health epidemic after he worked in Africa during the AIDS crisis.

Maybe she just got under his skin....Ka Pow !