• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 656 Truly Agreed and Finally Passed

kcgunfan

http://www.senate.mo.gov/16info/BTS_Web/Bill.aspx?SessionType=R&BillID=22246426

The newest omnibus bill is out of the legislature and onto Wrong Way Jay. I expect a veto, and an override.

I'm not sure what's in the final bill. I didn't see it posted yet, but I liked what came out of the House. Of course, we're not done yet, but I'm not going to complain about more incremental progress.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

press1280

The newest omnibus bill is out of the legislature and onto Wrong Way Jay. I expect a veto, and an override.

I'm not sure what's in the final bill. I didn't see it posted yet, but I liked what came out of the House. Of course, we're not done yet, but I'm not going to complain about more incremental progress.

Think you mean SB 656. As I understand it, it includes the original provision for CCW fee caps, military personnel having extra time to renew, along with Constitutional Carry and stand your ground.

kcgunfan

Yeah, mistype. I'm not sure I'd call it Constitutional Carry, as long as RsMO 21.750 is around either. Did the public transportation carry make it in?

kcgunfan

Don't get me wrong, I'm way more pleased than super happy. But, the laws continue to get better, and every year the antis predict dire results that don't happen. They're losing credibility quickly and we're getting freedoms restored. I'll be curious to see what next year brings.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran

Grrr the title bugs me every time I see this. KCgunfan will you (or Grapeshot if you see this) please edit the thread title to correctly read "SB 656..."

Also, for anyone interested, here's the link to the senate page with the entire bill as "Truly Agreed to and Finally Passed" as it went to the governor. http://www.senate.mo.gov/16info/pdf-bill/tat/SB656.pdf

Incremental improvement overall, IMO.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Grrr the title bugs me every time I see this. KCgunfan will you (or Grapeshot if you see this) please edit the thread title to correctly read "SB 656..."

Also, for anyone interested, here's the link to the senate page with the entire bill as "Truly Agreed to and Finally Passed" as it went to the governor. http://www.senate.mo.gov/16info/pdf-bill/tat/SB656.pdf

Incremental improvement overall, IMO.
Done.

Ezek

so how does this work exactly? you CC and they ask for a permit pursuant to 21.750 and you can't provide one....... then what?

it apparently is no longer a felony charge, or misdemeanor... do they get right to detain until they can figure out what your doing? or what?

there is some serious holes here.

kcgunfan

Can localities still require a CC permit in order to OC?

Yes, both currently now and after SB656 becomes law (assuming it does.) But you will be able to CC without a CCW permit after SB656 though. It doesn't have to make sense, it's only the law.

kcgunfan

so how does this work exactly? you CC and they ask for a permit pursuant to 21.750 and you can't provide one....... then what?

it apparently is no longer a felony charge, or misdemeanor... do they get right to detain until they can figure out what your doing? or what?

there is some serious holes here.

The same way as before. SB656 changes nothing in relationship to this. I've never been asked for my permit and KC though, and I suspect that's KCPD policy, because enforcement of this is on quite shaky ground.

press1280

I'm sure Bloomberg's army is attempting to twist at least 3 Senator's arms to try to get them to vote NO to override. Hopefully they hold fast. Always got to worry about defectors.
In WV we had several defectors on our ConCarry veto override, even though there was no way in hell they were going to stop it.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Anybody hear anything new about a veto override on this? I guess it's been pretty quiet since the veto session isn't for another 2-3 weeks. I don't find any new news articles about it except for a few antis and NRA-ILA...