• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

school zone

kylemoul

i cant find the thread i know there is one, but this is a federal offense correct?

can a city/county officer enforce this or only a federal agent (dea, fbi)?

i do remember someone saying all the schoolzone cases were because the person was violating something else, and they just tacked that school zone charge on(as in there not out looking for someone just for that charge)

Tony4310

As long as you are concealing you are fine in a school zone ( unless you are inside the school and a student then they could expell you ). Now you would be asked to leave or be facing the barrel of some horribly trained campus cop that might have an itchy trigger finger and a power trip.

Big Boy

It was also discussed in depth that you are only fine concealing in a school zone if it's a MO permit

kylemoul

anyone have any recommendiations to find 1000 feet...?
im out of state holder (pertaining to OC)

is there some sort of tape measure on google maps or something?>

cash50

anyone have any recommendiations to find 1000 feet...?
im out of state holder (pertaining to OC)

is there some sort of tape measure on google maps or something?>

I usually just pick up a rock and throw it. If I can't hit it, it's beyond 1000 ft but hey, I've got a strong arm.

kylemoul

throwing hard projectiles is not my first thought...:lol:

i went on google maps and seen a meter/foot market in the bottom left. i used a side of paper to kinda mark out the feet. not sure if that is accurate.

what does anyone else do? (who does not have mo permit)?

Big Boy

I don't. Had FL. But I just turned 23 so I'm probably going to get one for issues such as this.

kylemoul

ok...thanks for the info. i did see that on google maps. looks like no one else really has to deal with this issue or have any other meathods. kinda sucks.

cash50

You could invest in a rangefinder, lots of people use em for bowhunting.

I wouldn't, tho

kylemoul

how would it play out if an officer sees someone o/cing at a close distance (across the street or so) to a school or college?

does that give him consent to ask for a permit to verify if you have a MO or OOS license?