• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Scope tech question

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I was looking at scopes for my M1 carbine. I noticed in the listing of techdescription a term I'm not familiar with. What is M.O.A. in regards to elevation/windage adjustment? Example: 1/4 M.O.A. @ 100 yards

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thanks, buster.

That first link helps with the Mildot thingy, too.

I picked out a tactical scope for my carbine that has the Mildot reticle crosshiar and 1/4 M.O.A. @ 100 yards. Don't think it has much magnafication (FOV 24' @ 100 yards), but I wasn't figuring on using the carbine at great distances anyway.