• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattke/King County OC Report

Alpine

OCed around Mercerdale park and at the MI farmer's market, no issues, but it was a Sig P938 so probably most did not notice it and many people were buried in their phones.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Washington does not have force of law when it comes to no gun signs. I ignore them until I am asked to leave and their is a good chance no one will say a thing.

I follow this reasoning. I never "look" for signs. If someone is uncomfortable, they will tell me. At that time , it is on me. Do I educate? Sometimes. Do I snicker, laugh, and walk away? Yes, I have spoken with Moms against Everything. Do I leave? That depends on who is talking.

Mostly I just go on with my daily parade and live life.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Went to Seattle for the first time in quite awhile. Took my niece who I hadn't seen in five years to lunch for her B-day at Etta's (swanky/expensive). Nothing said, and off to see a friend of hers that has a booth in Pikes Place. No one to include my niece, and her partner said anything today. The guys in the homeless camp were nice enough to provide valet parking for me. :)

Alpine

OCed around Mercer Island at the hardware store, QFC, Mercerdale Park and a few sidewalks. Got a few stinkeyes from grannies who are likely MDA zealots but otherwise no issues. Got a few thank yous from several people including an older gentleman who said he was a Vietnam veteran and he said he wishes more people would OC. I told him about the website.

solus

Thanks to 1639 I will stay in Oklahoma. (Dual resident I voted NO BTW).

Dual resident ? Chuck, you were hired by and employed in Lawton OK by the USArmy as an AD AIT instructor contractor [not GS/military] out of a retired status and where you were also probably ginen re-location allowance to bring you to OK.

So basically Chuck, on a public forum, you have just admitted you ILLEGALLY voted in th WA state election? Really, tis a class C felony IAW RCW 29A.84.660, humm could/might/possibly affect your clearance with your new employer and future firearm ownership!

[Sorry Chuck, since you were hired by and to work in OK as a contractor and not a GS/Military employee who was transferred from WA to OK, as well as turned in your WA DL to obtain you OK DL; registered your vehicle in OK, you are ineligible to vote as you are no longer a resident in WA.]

Last edited:

KBCraig

Dual resident ? Chuck, you were hired by and employed in Lawton OK by the USArmy as an AD AIT instructor contractor [not GS/military] out of a retired status and where you were also probably ginen re-location allowance to bring you to OK.

So basically Chuck, on a public forum, you have just admitted you ILLEGALLY voted in th WA state election? Really, tis a class C felony IAW RCW 29A.84.660, humm could/might/possibly affect your clearance with your new employer and future firearm ownership!

[Sorry Chuck, since you were hired by and to work in OK as a contractor and not a GS/Military employee who was transferred from WA to OK, as well as turned in your WA DL to obtain you OK DL; registered your vehicle in OK, you are ineligible to vote as you are no longer a resident in WA.]
You made multiple assumptions there.

It's perfectly legal to have multiple residences. When it comes to domicile for voting purposes, you can only have one; what special insight do you have about some other forum member's residences and domicile?

solus

So KB, let’s see now about presumtions shall we, you are telling members of this forum that the multitudes of snowbirds who migrate north/south/north every season have special dispensation allowing them to:
1. Obtain and maintain separate DLs and car registration for each state?
2. Opportunity to vote, national & state level, in each locale where they have a residence thus changing the election demographics and results of both environments?
3. Pay, or don’t as it suits their purpose, state income tax in each state they reside in?
4. Work full time with the possibility of telling state revenue not to collect employment tax because they actually live up north or south as the case may be?
5. ....

As for knowledge this member himself made a big deal on this forum in numerous postings of their migration to OK especially poignant post regarded their sloppy CC [which turned into OPPS OC] into a goodwill facility and told to leave!

Last time i checked OK is not a sunshine state the snowbird(s) migrate to, from yes, TO no!

While there is no mention of bragging/whining about migrating to Lawton for family, nobody goes to Lawton just because, so only other rationale is employment and the chief employer in the area is Fort Sill - due to the sensitive nature of the majority of their activities I am sure even basic employment on post mandates a clearance.

Once employed which negates an individual’s visitor/tourist status, most states mandate a 30 day window to chg DL & vehicle registration to state of employment! [From personal experience, to avoid the knowledge & participating in a skills check, individuals show their current valid out of state DL & payroll stub and voila a hole is punched in olde DL, new photo taken, and the little machine spits out either a temp or a nice warm new laminated DL ~ at which you be a new citizen of a new state and enrolled in their voting/revenue infrastructures]

Finally, this member publically stated due to their dual residences, they voted in the WA elections — sole purpose was Initiative 1639!

Assumptions DB, hardly...critical thinking, of course!

KBCraig

giphy.gif

solus

Oh dear Kevin, as a state level political figure now one would presume you wouldn’t resort to such histrionics on such a very public forum!

My heavens, what would your Republican constituents think about such antics?

Last edited:

rapgood

Supreme Court!

That's right, I carried to the Supreme Court tonight! Oh, ok... it was a Mariner's game celebrating King Felix...34,000 yellow shirts! Pretty Cool.

I was CC as usual SafeCo Field with no issues! They only do a cursory look through purses and backpacks.

I did see Tim Eyman at the game as well as Macklemore!

p.s. I had a beer with my burger and fries! That makes me 'incredibly stupid', just sayin'
It was incredibly stupid! Do you know how much cholesteral you put into your system with just one meal???

solus

It was incredibly stupid! Do you know how much cholesteral you put into your system with just one meal???

Uh, er, gee, i am sure rapgood, in the last six+ years since gogodawgs posted about that event they have been able to bring their cholestral under control as well as improved their eating habits!